What got you into OC?

Obsidian General.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

RocketRunner wrote:I heard of OC and I downloaded it. I uninstalled it, but months later I reinstalled it because Syn was crap by then.
I think that's how it happened for me too, 'cept it was months BEFORE the Syn incident.
Nelson340
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Nelson340 »

First, I started by playing 5Y|\|3R9Y. Then, when I went to the forums, I noticed people mentioning stuff that wasn't in the game, such as custom player models and a flare gun. So then I just stumbled upon OC.

Will the 5Y|\|3RGY team realize about what an atrocity they made? Hopefully. Or not, considering OC.
WIPs: CTF_Dustbowl for TF2. Or it would be if the files weren't messed up.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

A friend of mine showed it to me. I didnt register on the forums about 3 months after I found OC.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Fenrir wrote:I didnt register on the forums about 3 months after I found OC.
Same.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Death
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Death »

fug4life wrote:
Fenrir wrote:I didnt register on the forums about 3 months after I found OC.
Same.
Ditto ditto?
Im comin' back to OC.
Moose
Pixel

Post by Moose »

Actually, I remember playing OC with some friends back when JSC was still an active clan. From what I recall, my friends on steam were playing it, and so I decided to join in.
Really, I don't play OC nearly as often as I should (I keep going back to other games, and forget I even have OC a lot), and I haven't really registered on the forums until just recently (as you can tell). Hopefully I'll put down TF2 and remember to play from now on . :wink:
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

^ Good man.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
pizzaman
Vertex
Vertex

Post by pizzaman »

Always liked co-op on HL2DM, left for a year, then came back to OC instead of HL2DM, since OC sounded fresh and interesting.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

pizzaman wrote:Always liked co-op on HL2DM, left for a year, then came back to OC instead of HL2DM, since OC sounded fresh and interesting.
:thumbsupgabe:

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

I too first heard of OC when the orange box version came out. I think it was on a coop news site, although I don't know for sure.

Having played Sven Coop 3 to death I had a go. This was back on my old PC, and could install all the campaigns and was greeted to alot of pink squares. I only recently came back, now with shiny new PC.

I tried playing Syn various times over its life (including recently) and each time found it to be various degrees of mess.

Word to the wise- DON'T PUT DM IN A COOP MOD!!!

Seriously. If I want HL2DM, I'll play HL2DM. That's assuming it works of course. My last few attempts at Syn don't even get me past the title screen without crashing.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

Sabre wrote:I too first heard of OC when the orange box version came out. I think it was on a coop news site, although I don't know for sure.

Having played Sven Coop 3 to death I had a go. This was back on my old PC, and could install all the campaigns and was greeted to alot of pink squares. I only recently came back, now with shiny new PC.

I tried playing Syn various times over its life (including recently) and each time found it to be various degrees of mess.

Word to the wise- DON'T PUT DM IN A COOP MOD!!!

Seriously. If I want HL2DM, I'll play HL2DM. That's assuming it works of course. My last few attempts at Syn don't even get me past the title screen without crashing.
Eh yeah. I've played synergy before as well. I always found OC to be a lot more fun. Not to say syn is bad, but I found OC long before it and it just kinda stuck yaknow?
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Syn was amazing back then, it gave me an entirely new experience with gaming. (Yes, it's probably the first online shooter thing I've ever played.) Also, it's where a met a bunch of awesome people. Sadly, I can't say the same anymore.
Nightmare
Pixel

Post by Nightmare »

I was searching on hl2mods.co.uk for some co-op mods and ending up finding Half-Life 2 CTF, and I eventually found OC. I found it around v1.22, but never bothered to sign up on the forums until recently.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

I found it on the follow freeman forums lol.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

I remember that. I DLed it to have a game for someone, and he never bothered. Same with pretty much all coop games it seems.