Post by Tono-Tako »

syn will release their ob version with that, i want to try it
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

It's a real shame to see Synergy up there instead of Obsidian Conflict. I started out with Synergy, and was hit with nothing but restrictions and bugs. But mostly I found that their maps were sorely lacking creativity and fun.

Shortly after they became stagnant, I found Obsidian_Conflict and it was like a breath of FRESH AIR. I re-designed syn_evildead into oc_evildead and re-released it here. And have been an OC guy ever since. I have kept and eye on Synergy, and they have improved greatly.

But I have made my choice. I belive Obsidian has more talented and imaginative people working on it, and I will support it exclusively.

Good luck guys, I hope Steam will put you up on the list one of these days!
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Hickadam wrote:It's a real shame to see Synergy up there instead of Obsidian Conflict. I started out with Synergy, and was hit with nothing but restrictions and bugs. But mostly I found that their maps were sorely lacking creativity and fun.

Shortly after they became stagnant, I found Obsidian_Conflict and it was like a breath of FRESH AIR. I re-designed syn_evildead into oc_evildead and re-released it here. And have been an OC guy ever since. I have kept and eye on Synergy, and they have improved greatly.

But I have made my choice. I belive Obsidian has more talented and imaginative people working on it, and I will support it exclusively.

Good luck guys, I hope Steam will put you up on the list one of these days!
Ditto. I had the option of working with Synergy but found Obsidian a much better mod, and I'm a little choked that Obsidian Conflict was not chosen.
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Xenophunk
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Xenophunk »

It's because of the userbase.

Synergy has more people playing 24/7 on most days than Obsidian Conflict. And the fact that there are more than the servers.

OC has about 18 that are online 24/7, whereas Synergy has ~45.

People prefer Synergy because, well, I dunno.

Green > Grey?

I like OC because of MANHACKS.

Synergy doesn't have working Zombine. :V
Totally not ripping off fug4life with oc_cannon quotes.
"Man, I want what you guys are smoking."
"What the? Why is there a laundry room? This is getting weird."
Barnz
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Barnz »

People also prefer Halo 3 over Half-Life 2, which means they're stupids (fact).
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Xenophunk wrote: People prefer Synergy because, well, I dunno.
Because there was no update for too long after 1.23 got crippled by steam updates (e.g. the connection and mounting bug) , not even a small hotfix, it was all "going to be in 1.3", which took way too long, and not to mention that synergy was a lot more stable at this time and still is, sadly.

And the reason why synergy has more servers is because they have a linux server version, windows servers are very expensive compared to linux servers and hosting from your home internet connection is also pretty limited, especially in coop mods, which need a lot more bandwidth than normal pvp mods/games.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

well give me more time and i'll be able to make some linux bins (also the current state of oc isn't much stable eg. new Spawnsystem... which also drops my interest in working at the linux bins currently)

Edit: just noticed, we never had a Site on Steam, but Synergy has one now for a while (even before EP2) maybe we should request that before requesting to have it downloadable via steam
Dr.Stinglock
Donator
Donator

Post by Dr.Stinglock »

Well, I'm rather pleased that steam are finally recognizing HL 2 mods and supporting them by releasing them on steamworks.

It sucks that some deserving mods missed out, but it's a start, and I remember reading on some other mod forums that applied for it got met with a rejection letter along the lines of
http://www.stargatetc2.com/forums/index.php?topic=835.0 wrote:They answered that it wasn't meant to be used by amateur modders (= not for free mods).
I guess they were only looking to put mods on that they thought they could buy/market in time.

The good news is they are looking to support more mods in the future.
Barnz
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Barnz »

If OC is some amateur work, then I don't know what others are.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Steam updated there catalouge.

Good to see Empires & Fortress Forever!

Obsidian :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :koopa: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??:
Continued here:http://www.obsidianconflict.de/forums/v ... 8284#38284 :sm1: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :luigi: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??: :??:
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Barnz
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Barnz »

Fag.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Insightful response almost as useful as my post. I'm sure as like mine, the log in time was worth it.

Douche.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Barnz
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Barnz »

Fag.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Stop flirting, you after my number?

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Oh.