What got you into OC?

Obsidian General.
GordonGuy
Vertex
Vertex

Post by GordonGuy »

I was just browsing moddb, saw it and liked it actually, alot of the friends liked it too.

And the first time I played it was the last time I had player synergy.
Hey hi
MOXron
Polygon
Polygon

Post by MOXron »

I was pretty much the same, Browsing MOD DB to get me back into gaming after i was bored of playing HL2DM and i stumbled Upon OC, and ive never strayed, its the only mod ive never uninstalled . :D
I prefer Dogs over cookies, But i couldn't eat a whole one.
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

I heard about oc on one of synergy's servers(when it was still good and third party) so after a couple of days i got the time to google it and i found this website. i search for a download link and BOOM, i downloaded it, played it, loved it, and i still do :3.
We will miss ya billy.
laserrobotics
Polygon
Polygon

Post by laserrobotics »

I was browsing ModDB for HL2 single player campaigns, and found this in the mix. Noticing the HL1 content, I downloaded it and then gave it no further thought because of Random Quest. I had played Syn-ergy before, when it actually had lots of servers up, and found it okay. 6 out of 10. The weapon limiting system was extremely annoying, and buggies didn't work for more than 2 people, but playing through HL2 with friends was AWESOME.

Fast forward up to the ModDB browsing, and a little bit after I finished Random Quest. I load up Syn-ergy, and find no servers. Not a one. I remember that I had downloaded some other Co-op thingy, and gave it a try. My very first time playing was in some weird map, but my second time was in umizuri. I haven't played much of any other game since.
GLaDOS Man
Vertex
Vertex

Post by GLaDOS Man »

Well, I was wondering what my friends at [fcfc] (Steam group) were talking about when they said Obsidian Conflict. I searched Steam but only found "S******" (OC's Enemy). I looked, I hated, I forgot about it all.

Then, My friends were arguing over which was better! They looked at me and well...

Over all, i just typed the one I could remember (OC) and downloaded it.

And here i am now not having L4Ds, TF1, and DoD.
The Cake is a Lie
The Cake is a Lie
The Cake is a Lie
The Cake is a Lie
The Cake is a TRUTH
Momizi Inubashiri
Donator
Donator

Post by Momizi Inubashiri »

Turkey72 wrote:I heard about oc on one of Greenland's servers(when it was still good and third party) so after a couple of days i got the time to google it and i found this website. i search for a download link and BOOM, i downloaded it, played it, loved it, and i still do :3.
^ same
WINDEXTOR
Vertex
Vertex

Post by WINDEXTOR »

I was on my epic quest of thrill and boredom then thrill again, I just wanted to play something new, so when I ran around the facepunch forums I saw this thread about Sven Co-op. I was scrolling up and down just reading what people were replying till I saw key word, "Obsidian Conflict" and "Custom Content" then "The only thing that made Synergy fun was the custom content" so when I was thinking of Obsidian Conflict, I was thinking "Boy, that sounds fun! Woopy freakin' do. Google this stuff and give it a shot!" Yeah... No regrets.
Another loose-cannon gone bi-polar,
Slipped down, couldn't get much lower
Quick sands got no sense of humor,
I'm still laughing like hell
[Sound of Madness - Shinedown]
I'm afraid I have to (EDIT) BUMP UP THE MUSIC!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afun18DU6Mg
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

I think I remember it being mentioned on this old and controversial Facepunch thread (our beloved anime model pack thread) http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=594841

And I was like "Oh cool they have anime models!" Came on over here, situated myself, met new people, and here I am, with a community that I cannot live without anymore, and wish to be with for the rest of my life, no matter how short it could be~
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

I came for the cake and stayed for the.. cake.
Steve
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Steve »

I was an admin in JoeScoma's JSC clan When OC 1.0 came out. It was a big deal. I remember being in predator's gmod 9 server (thats how long ago this was) the second it released and I was in the server with skidz and hyper on release night playing oc_bunker. As for joescomas mapping skills, he had fun ideas but didnt give enough of a shit to make it any good.

Havent posted here in years btw. Whats good guys? I'm thinking of returning to teh conflictzorz.
Moose wrote:Actually, I remember playing OC with some friends back when JSC was still an active clan. From what I recall, my friends on steam were playing it, and so I decided to join in.
Really, I don't play OC nearly as often as I should (I keep going back to other games, and forget I even have OC a lot), and I haven't really registered on the forums until just recently (as you can tell). Hopefully I'll put down TF2 and remember to play from now on . :wink:
No way. This is [eX]Moose isn't it?
Steve: Yo tengo tu madre en mi pantalones, lolzo
Fire_cube: my mom is actually in MY pants
Fire_cube: youshithead
Kavinsky
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Kavinsky »

Well it was s-ynergy V11 that laid the seeds of discord and discovery of obisidian for me

The idiot developers fraked eveything up with that update, you name it broke. I was busy calling in the admins on my favorite server every 20 minutes or so to restart it manually for what seemed 3 months till they fixed it so that a mass sucide would restart the level again when it glitched

and they fraked my server over personally with that update. they disabled our 32 person server plug in (we were one of the only servers with that plug in) and when we requested they fix it so we could have more than 10 people on our server they basically told us to frak off because they didnt think that it was fun to play on a server with more than 10 people.

ever since then s-ynergy has been diving deeper and deeper into the waters of obscurity and RIGHTFULLY so the fucktards!

I do miss old xerocore though

Keyfox if you were wondering why I was so hung up on getting the hl2 - ep2 campaigns rushing idiot proof that's why
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

and I totally understand why the devs did it there...

I mean, who the hell needs 32 slots for co-op on campaign?
makes me think to actually include gamemodes so that the hl2 campaign gamemode is limited to 8 slots or so

also i only hear little kids talking on those videos
Kavinsky
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Kavinsky »

another person who just doesnt get it and wrongfully closed one of my threads.

32 players was AWESOME and a fraking blast, I have never had soo much fun since they disabled that.

"there we go again...

you know that this is a co-op mod based on hl2?
the hl2 weapons work like they do in hl2 so complaining about it will result in an thread lock which i'll do now, besides, this isn't the right place to make requests?"

that doesnt mean you can just ignore any ideas for tweaking or trying something with your mod right off the bat JUST BECAUSE.

hell your acting JUST AS BAD as the S-YNERGY developers you despise so much by doing that and if you ignore your communitys requests and idea's just like that your doomed to obscurity and the hatred they've cast upon themselves by ignoring and fraking over there community.

lead by example any?
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

i won't change the hl2 weapons, and that's final, make your own damn weapons if you want it that badly and now stop doing cross-thread posting (if you don't get it, you could call it off-topic too) just beause i close a thread with stupid content
Kavinsky
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Kavinsky »

its an idea to tweak them to see if anyone agrees with me that they should be rescripted so they actually act like proper firearms and it is not OFF TOPIC because it involves OC's normal weapons and not modded ones and it effects everyone

and if you and this whole dev team is not interested in modding any of the normal weapon scripts (not there models) who the hell modified the 357s recoil in the first place?