What sort of maps are people looking for?

Obsidian General.
ViralHatred
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

What sort of maps are people looking for?

Post by ViralHatred »

As the title asks, what sort of maps are people playing or returning to OC looking to play?

Puzzle/adventure? Survival? Combat?

I know ideally people want a mix of things, but I'm looking for some community input to see where I should strike out first.

Thanks.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: What sort of maps are people looking for?

Post by raidensnake »

if it's any interest to you we are doing a revamp of moe glados factory with new features never been seen before. It's still being worked on and should be done soon.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: What sort of maps are people looking for?

Post by MaestraFénix »

Avoid at all cost doing a farm-like map on the style of Harvest or Diving. We don't need more of these.

I would like to see a map that enforced cooperation, maybe a puzzle/adventure one. The grapple hook is clearly underused along with the shield and cloak devices (although the actual way of work of the hook makes impossible do maps like in SC). Teamplay maps are also scarce.

I was making a co-op map with DOD:S assets together with Wheatley, but I put on hold together with the second chapter of Vicarious Traumatization (and the EP1 improvement) and the V2 of the Nacht Der Untoten. I will return to these when will I see we need again maps.

One of the things me and Raiden always wanted to do, but always was stopped are the improvement on the HL:S mapadds. We fixed most of the "Welcome to Black Mesa" chapter (transitions, player spawn, sitting scientists, even we ran a test with the HL:S weapon scripts ), but we didn't continued on a year (or even more). This should be a priority over all, no one modified these mapadds since Skidz made them long ago.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos