Eternal Silence (source mod)

Off topic Discussion
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Eternal Silence (source mod)

Post by Shana »

Eternal Silence 3.0 got released 2 days ago, and its awesome, its like a mix of freelancer and battlefield, the basic objective is to take over or destroy the enemy mothership, so it has both fps- and vehicle action.
The mod runs very smooth on performance and netcode side, also the way how they implemented the space is nice, to get around the "small" hammer grid (which is about a half kilometer, way too small for space ship action), they made the space and the mothership interior 2 different areas, while the ship interior is normal hl2 scale, the space is 1:40 scale, so it kinda works like a source 3d skybox, just a lot more advanced, you can seamlessly go from ship interior to space and otherwise.

For more detailed informations about the mod and to download it, go to http://www.eternal-silence.net/ or directly download it from my site.
Oh, and i have a test server running for this mod, just search for an yas server if you want to join, im not sure if i keep this server running, depends on how much cpu this server takes.

And here are some of the screenshots i took:

Deathy
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Deathy »

Yea, Eternal Silence is really great BUT I really don't like the infantry-part of it.
It's like, every weapon (besides the Ion cannon or the flamethrower,etc.) is the same.
The space and vehicle-part is really good though and I like to bomb Corvettes. :D

Also Taunt NGM:
Neo Galactic Morons xD
oc_28-seconds-later_b2 (90% - on halt)
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

I have no idea what is happening in these screenshots, it looks overcomplicated
TheMoon
prop_static
prop_static

Post by TheMoon »

It's sorta easy to understand by reading the playerguide.

The space fights reminded me very much of Freelancer (which is a good thing), but unfortunately my frames drop to 3-4 when looking into certain directions in the hangar, making it unplayable. In space and anywhere else I get stable 40-50 frames though, so it seems to be some nasty bug or something.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Hell-met wrote:I have no idea what is happening in these screenshots, it looks overcomplicated
Yea, but its not, you simply either defend or attack your/ the enemy mothership on foot (in the mothership interior of course) or in space with a ship that suits your needs. (bomber, gunship, small fighter or heavy fighter)
Sure it could be a bit confusing at first, but you should get the hang of the game really fast.

Here are a few more screenshots of people trying to fly into our hangar while the shield is active and some "not-so skilled" pilots.

Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

I played an earlier version of Eternal Silence and wasn't too fond of it.
It's a good mod, but it's extremely hard to get into it and understand how to play it.
But it definitely looks improved, I might download it and give it a try.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

really good mod.
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger