Who the heck is Oniyuri?

Off topic Discussion
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Who the heck is Oniyuri?

Post by Svanrog »

How are you gentlemen!! ...if any of you guys do remember me. :shock: Doesn't actually matter. And if you do I will be really happy. :D

Aint gonna bother bothering you guys with stuff and things, just saying I am back, and I will carry on working with my map oc_tantrum, hopefully release version b4 soon and also try to release a sample of my alpha map oc_fury, to let you guys tell me what is possible to do with it. But first I need to set up windows properly on this machine, purchase a copy of half-life 2 (leech'd off my bro before :roll:), set up the SDK and find all my old files I have archived somewhere in the depths of my... stuff.

Well, just wanted to say hi and reintroduce myself, and sorry for just leaving without a trace... like ages ago. I promise I will make maps now and make up for it!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Hello, welcome back.

I pm'd you'd about a day or two before you did your houdini act. long ago.
well good to hear your in the spirit of things.

The mod has changed quite a bit since you been gone, i.e mainly its orange box, though still hl2 compatable.

we have dynamic mounting these days.

So we play Halflife:source, ep1, ep2, hl2, c:ss, lostcoast etc all that at the switch of a map.

Plus merchants are in the mod now.

Plus custom player models.
Plus scripted bullet weapons.

So much you've missed it might be a bit scary, if you fancy a game let us know, will give you the guided tour. i think you'd do well to take a look at version 1.34 get your head round especially the merchant side of things.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Good to see you back, would love to see a new version of tantrum (hunters could be a cool addition to it)

Sadly the current version is broken in ob, you had included the zombine model in your map, and its causing a physics crash once they spawn, couldnt make a mapadd either, since theres already a mapadd zipped into the bsp, so im looking forward to your next version of it so we can finally play that map again :D
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Awesome! I remember those merchants being wip when i left. And I saw your PMs D: They touched me, didn't actually think anyone would miss me. :D But yes, back! Just purchased the valve complete pack, so I am ready for action! ...well, as soon as I get a proper windows install, and that will happen tonight. Hope I'll be able to implement some new stuff in oc_tantrum. Guess I will have to read the change logs of the latest versions, they were quite long, so yeah, seems like one or two things might have happened while I was gone.

And I'd sure fancy a game tomorrow! ...considering the I manage to get everything running til' then. :D

Edit: And argh, it is broken... and a mapadd is zipped into the map? o.o I clearly do not remember doing that, but oh well, shame to have to remove the zombines D: But once I have v.b4 done of oc_tantrum I just hope to be able to finish oc_fury. I find it pretty interesting, just that... well, gameplay kinda doesn't work out, if I get this running by tomorrow you guys will have the oc_fury sample by then to... well, evaluate and give suggestions for what could be done with it :)
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Oniyuri wrote:shame to have to remove the zombines D:
You dont need to remove them, they still work just fine, its just that ob uses a new zombine model and the one thats zipped into the map is old and crashes the game.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Sounds good, give us a shout tomorrow when your up and running. :D
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

W0rf0x wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:shame to have to remove the zombines D:
You dont need to remove them, they still work just fine, its just that ob uses a new zombine model and the one thats zipped into the map is old and crashes the game.
Ah! Well, guess they didn't have a model back then then... or no! Now I know what it might be, they might be recoloured and hexedited versions of it to match the desert combine-skin... that's what I think at least, will see if I'm right tomorrow. :D
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

HELLO THERE PERSONIMMEATINGFORTHEFIRSTIMEINMYLIFE

My names (-TLD-)(short for a steam group called the leet dudes)Orange,class of 1.33 (or 1.32,or somewhere along there,pretty vague)
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

(-TLD-)Orange wrote:HELLO THERE PERSONIMMEATINGFORTHEFIRSTIMEINMYLIFE

My names (-TLD-)(short for a steam group called the leet dudes)Orange,class of 1.33 (or 1.32,or somewhere along there,pretty vague)
Hello there to you too. :) As for me, I map, and was pretty active like... over a year ago. Was kinda sir spam-a-lot back then. But I do hope we all will have an enjoyable time here, mister leet orange dude~ :D
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

HELLO THERE PERSONIMMEATINGFORTHEFIRSTIMEINMYLIFE
Well, I remember seeing your name in old threads, but as I play Obsidian since 1.32 I never met you.

Happy to see another mapper active for this mod. I never played your map, but it looks fun.

Btw, why did you stopped being active.
I'm back baby!
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Vasili is still here.
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

^ That's exactly why he stopped being active for such a long time :lmao:
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Nope, Vasili was not the reason. :roll: Well, was kinda depressed actually, but I feel pretty much fine now. :) Also, how does the map line up look nowadays? What kind of maps do we have lots of, and what kind of maps would the community need more of? Just wanna check so I can give people what they want in future maps. :D

Anyway, I am almost set up and just have to download the needed source games to run OC!
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

Oniyuri wrote:Nope, Vasili was not the reason. :roll: Well, was kinda depressed actually, but I feel pretty much fine now. :) Also, how does the map line up look nowadays? What kind of maps do we have lots of, and what kind of maps would the community need more of? Just wanna check so I can give people what they want in future maps. :D

Anyway, I am almost set up and just have to download the needed source games to run OC!
Well weve yoinked a few maps from syn, JSC maps are sealed off due to being horribufuckis,we have a pacman map,donkey kong map,ice climber map,2 farming maps,and a map that combines OMG,secretcity,sc_disco and richard boderman in one.

(PLUS MANY MANY MORE)
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

[YaS]Cyan wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:Nope, Vasili was not the reason. :roll: Well, was kinda depressed actually, but I feel pretty much fine now. :) Also, how does the map line up look nowadays? What kind of maps do we have lots of, and what kind of maps would the community need more of? Just wanna check so I can give people what they want in future maps. :D

Well weve yoinked a few maps from syn, JSC maps are sealed off due to being horribufuckis,we have a pacman map,donkey kong map,ice climber map,2 farming maps,and a map that combines OMG,secretcity,sc_disco and richard boderman in one.

(PLUS MANY MANY MORE)
Sounds nice! Now I am really close to getting OC running, and then it's just to explore all the new stuff. And I won't need any steam games other than Half-Life 2 to run OC properly, will I?