Who the heck is Oniyuri?

Off topic Discussion
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

fug4life wrote:hmm, need to have a think, I actually have come across this many times in similar ways, though everytime I forget how/why and what to do. Need to have a bit of a think.

Ok, yes forget trying to launch oc from hammer.
And the closing of your map is most likely a mounting issue. Your more than welcome to send me the vmf though I cant look until I get my steam account back :(

(having said that perhaps my integrity is in question after getting hijacked j/k).
Would be lovely if you could have a look at it. Know about how long it'll take to recover that account of yours? D:
I can give you the vmf at once though, I'll just have to upload it somewhere and then I'll give you the link. Need to hurry to my judo practice now though, but once I am back I'll upload it and PM you a link.

I hope I'll be able to fix oc_tantrum at least, have to look into that tomorrow.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Sure np, Valve forums say 3-4 days.

Also try adding this to you maps/cfg and loading the map, its a wild shot, but who knows.

save as oc_mapname_mounts.txt

Code: Select all

"oc_mapname"
{
	"MountEpisodeOne" "1"
}
Or even try with "MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
Some models and materials & stuff got updated to ep1 engine and ep2 when OB came along, models are typical for causing conflicts.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

fug4life wrote:Sure np, Valve forums say 3-4 days.

Also try adding this to you maps/cfg and loading the map, its a wild shot, but who knows.

save as oc_mapname_mounts.txt

Code: Select all

"oc_mapname"
{
	"MountEpisodeOne" "1"
}
Or even try with "MountEpisodeTwo" "1"
Some models and materials & stuff got updated to ep1 engine and ep2 when OB came along, models are typical for causing conflicts.
On second thoughts that probably won't work.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Why does "Who the Heck is Oniyuri" Sound like a rock song name?
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

W0rf0x wrote:Anything suspicious showing in console when it goes back to main menu??
Haven't checked that yet. Just need to set the launch parameter to get it running and then let's see... :?

Edit: Actually... I think I did find the issue, had some bad ep1 water texture in the skybox, so now it did compile with a fast compile at least. Gonna find the skybox for the map and recompile it with HDR and see if it still runs, guess it does. Geez, I really need to refresh my hammering skills a lot. :oops: Situation is green for now at least!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

HAI GUY WHO I DO NOT KNOW!
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

LinkNEO wrote:HAI GUY WHO I DO NOT KNOW!
Why hello there! Tell me, weren't you around back before I left? I do remember that name of yours at least! :o
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Oniyuri wrote:
Why hello there! Tell me, weren't you around back before I left? I do remember that name of yours at least! :o
I don't know, when did you leave
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

LinkNEO wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
My last post was from april 4, 2007, and according to my intel, that is a few months after you joined, so it's no coincidence I do remember your name! :o
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Oniyuri wrote:
LinkNEO wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
My last post was from april 4, 2007, and according to my intel, that is a few months after you joined, so it's no coincidence I do remember your name! :o
hmm k