Only the new Sonic.
24%

Total votes: 17

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Sonic Discussion - Furry or not?

Post by Keychain »

This was split from the thread OC Playermodel Pack 4 (lol, Make Requests Now)
Last edited by Keychain on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

Sonic ain't a furry. New or classic Sonic isn't considered a furry.
Yes, he is. The is an anthro hedgehog, and is thus 'furry' by technicality. That is assuming context. If it's 'does he have hair'? Then I don't know.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

He's not a furry. He's a very popular video game character and is more deserving of being considered anything but a furry. Yes, Sonic has hair, I've seen the anime. Now, Sly Cooper is also a video game character. Go ahead and look at those two characters.

1. Sly Cooper is an adult-sized animal that stands on his back legs, wears clothes, speaks complete English, and performs tasks of a human.

2. Sonic is an adult, but is not adult-sized like Sly. He only wears shoes, socks, and gloves, which was in order to continue Sonic's traditional clothing. He has the ability to run extremely fast, he is beyond the human standards, unlike Sly.

3. Unlike Sly, Sonic has a fan community of the thousands. As awesome as Sly is, Sonic's far more superior in the population he's got eating out of the palm of his hands. There are also thousands of Sonic "fan characters." In which someone makes their own fictional character within the Sonic animal art style.

4. Sonic is BETTER then a furry. Sly is an obvious furry.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Keychain wrote:He's not a furry. He's a very popular video game character and is more deserving of being considered anything but a furry. Yes, Sonic has hair, I've seen the anime. Now, Sly Cooper is also a video game character. Go ahead and look at those two characters.

1. Sly Cooper is an adult-sized animal that stands on his back legs, wears clothes, speaks complete English, and performs tasks of a human.

2. Sonic is an adult, but is not adult-sized like Sly. He only wears shoes, socks, and gloves, which was in order to continue Sonic's traditional clothing. He has the ability to run extremely fast, he is beyond the human standards, unlike Sly.

3. Unlike Sly, Sonic has a fan community of the thousands. As awesome as Sly is, Sonic's far more superior in the population he's got eating out of the palm of his hands. There are also thousands of Sonic "fan characters." In which someone makes their own fictional character within the Sonic animal art style.

4. Sonic is BETTER then a furry. Sly is an obvious furry.
Sonic? Video game character? Can he even be considered a video game character? All his games suck now. Sonic unleashed, was pretty bad, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, is the all time worst Sonic game, Sonic and the black knights or w/e has a hillariousally bad story and gameplay.

Ok, let me get this straight, you like the green eyed hedgehog?
If you actually were born during the Sega Genesis era and played Sonic 1-3, you would realize how incredibly fun they are. They had a tint of story that just fit perfectly...

Now: He kisses humans for awesome bestiality
He has a sword.
Talks too much.
Corny as hell.
Friendship uselessness
Annoying female relationships that should be all put to sleep, including Sonic.

This is a true warrior:

This is what we have now:
Image (This really is from the official comic, which is unbelievably bad)
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

:jawdroping: I think keychain is the most right. :shadows: (even if i dont know who is this Sly)
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

does anyon even know what sly cooper does in his games.
(also i do cause i played them.)
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

JigglyWiggly wrote:Ok, let me get this straight, you like the green eyed hedgehog? If you actually were born during the Sega Genesis era and played Sonic 1-3, you would realize how incredibly fun they are. They had a tint of story that just fit perfectly...

FYI Sonic Mega Collection contains all three games. There are many hardcore Sonic fans out there who actually liked Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic the Hedgehog 360. And who are we to say they're stupid for doing so? They are obviously getting something we're not getting.

I'm not gonna lie, I actually really enjoyed Sonic the Hedgehog 360. Mephiles was a badass and I would play the game again if I hadn't sold it. Also, the Sonic Advance series is pretty damn sweet. If you haven't played any, it's the NEW Sonic in these games.

ImageImage

Whether you agree or not, those games are fraking awesome. And they contain of the new Sonic, and tons of their newer characters. Now here's a little friend I'd like to call Sonic Battle.

Doesn't look like much eh? Well, it's amazing. I spent so many nights playing this game because the story is just so god damn long because you get to play a full campaign as EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Amy, Emerl, Omega, Chaos, and I think that's it.

And guess what? All these games stick to the original storyline, and that would be to stop Robotnik/Eggman. What I'm trying to say is, there ARE good sides to the blue new hedgehog. But this hasn't been of recent, I can admit to that.
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

Oh good God? you liked Sonic the Hedgehog? All of the characters were so generic and there is BESTIALITY, what do you think a normal person would think if this was their first Sonic the Hedgehog game? THAT THIS IS A AWFUL COMEDY. Also it has a redic stupid story. I beat that game and cried while I played it, let's see why. Actually why do I even have to do that? There is something called a video review:

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/31448/So ... og/review/

About Sonic Advance, I never really liked them that much, they were alright I guess but uh, the music... JESUS CHRIST IT's SO BAD. Where is my chemical plant music? Or the Ice music from Sonic 3. The stages are really confusing compared to old ones. But overall my biggest gripe is the awful music.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Eh, okay. Sonic's reputation to those who AREN'T big Sonic fans isn't really the point here. Sonic, like it or not, is a video game character! He is a character, who is in a video game. Whether you like it or not, he is still in lots of games that are liked by many hardcore Sonic fans. I know a girl in Germany named Lara who actually liked Sonic Unleashed, I know I'm surprised too.

And hey, you admit it yourself that he, in your opinion, was a GREAT character back in the Sonic 1-3 games. Isn't that worth SOMETHING? Even though Sonic is in the shitter today, he is still worth remembering because of those games you liked. Unless you think otherwise.

Sonic's reputation, by all. Those who DID like him, and those who still do, make him more worthy of furry. Sure, he may have resemblance to furries. But so does Bugs or Tom.

ImageImage

You would never even DARE to call these heroes furries, would you? If not, what do these guys got that Sonic doesn't? They both wear clothes (unless you forgot, Tom dresses up a lot). They both walk on their hind legs. They both talk! And don't say something stupid like, "These guys are funny, Sonic isn't."
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I played the demo of sonic the hedgehog on my 360 and a bit of splitscreen coop at neicos house and liked it, dont see whats so bad about it, and yes, i played the older games too, never owned them, but played them at friends houses.
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

Hes a furry if people choke themselves and masturbate to him. And im gonna go ahead and assume people do.
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

He isnt furry.I think its stupid to say that.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
JigglyWiggly
Banned

Post by JigglyWiggly »

W0rf0x wrote:I played the demo of sonic the hedgehog on my 360 and a bit of splitscreen coop at neicos house and liked it, dont see whats so bad about it, and yes, i played the older games too, never owned them, but played them at friends houses.
Aha, that's the problem. The demo was great, I liked it, I played it a number of times. Unfortuantely the real game is nothing like that... at all. Oh and note to annoy you again but uh, I would be delighted if you checked your inbox :D

Oh and I would never call Tom and Jerry a furry or Bugs Bunny :) They are American :P
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

The Sonic & Knuckles collection :D
I got that, too, it was great, spent whole afternoons playing it in coop with my brother or friends (Sonic and Tails coop ftw).
But Sonic Advance isn't really a good game in my opinion, got it too, but somehow it started boring me after some time.

Well, another question: Are the gummy bears furries?
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

fraking furries raped my childhood. :shutter:

Sonic is not a goddamn furry. He's awesome (well, he was, i don't like any of the new renditions).