Fake E-mail, and the ones dumb enough to reply to it?

Off topic Discussion
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Fake E-mail, and the ones dumb enough to reply to it?

Post by Power-Mad »

Some people have gotten e-mails like this, in hope to "steal your name". If so, do not reply with anything more then a "frak you".

First off, I dunno who made this but he's a total cluts! He starts off the e-mail like it's a pop up saying you've won $1,000,000's, with his "Congratulations!". Second off, that lining of the letters in black is just a complete failure of photoshop 101.

Another thing is that he as the number of people who apparently accepted is in the email. If that email was sent out in a 24 hour span, they wouldn't know that many people accepted it. Yet again, hy does he use a picture of episode one as add for episode 2?

Last and hte most foolish mistake is including "ASAP"! It implies they want you not to think, at all, and when has valve sent anything official out with an abriviation like that? (Steam Steam Lol doesn't count).

Remember kids, no email should ever have to ask for your password ;)
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

and in the hl2 ep2 trailer its in a forest and thats just in a city :|
The fox
Respected Member
Respected Member

Post by The fox »

VALVe has stated several times that they will never ask for any kind of account information ever from you either.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

But who is to blame for this, steam or valve?
answear is steam because valve was with half life forever i personally thought that sierra is better than steam because sierra made it so the first half life was more co-op with more aliens to fight even a little coop with opposing force, i was expecting steam to make a addition to hl2 were you are on the combine force atleast.

but steam likes to make stupid little jokes like this, like on facepunchstudios.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Cool I'm going to betatest EP2!
Mustang
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Mustang »

[JSC]_PREDATOR wrote:But who is to blame for this, steam or valve?
answear is steam because valve was with half life forever i personally thought that sierra is better than steam because sierra made it so the first half life was more co-op with more aliens to fight even a little coop with opposing force, i was expecting steam to make a addition to hl2 were you are on the combine force atleast.

but steam likes to make stupid little jokes like this, like on facepunchstudios.
umm...
Do you know Steam is just a platform Valve made?
Hyperjag3 wrote:God damnit, I can't take anymore of that fag's shit, banned.
skidz wrote:Your account and IP are banned for life, goodbye.
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

aww, thanks for pointing this out man! now i can only hope i made inside the 375 guys.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

This reminds me of the pay-pal email I recieved. :roll:
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Come on , this has been posted on every single half-life related forum.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Fire_cube wrote:Come on , this has been posted on every single half-life related forum.
Well, obviously! That's where the people that recieve this kind of emails hang around.

And how can anyone be so stupid that they swallow this? It's a bit too obvious that it's a fake.
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

OH NOES I thought it was real, I got owned like my little sister (OWNED LIKE A JAPANESE SCHOOL GIRL)
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

[JSC] Sparda wrote:OH NOES I thought it was real, I got owned like my little sister (OWNED LIKE A JAPANESE SCHOOL GIRL)
Why a japanese school girl?
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Scrap »

[JSC]_PREDATOR wrote:
[JSC] Sparda wrote:OH NOES I thought it was real, I got owned like my little sister (OWNED LIKE A JAPANESE SCHOOL GIRL)
Why a japanese school girl?
why not? :lol: