Dance-Mixer - Idol and chorerography creator

Off topic Discussion
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Dance-Mixer - Idol and chorerography creator

Post by Azure Edge »

IF YOU WANT A DOWNLOAD LINK, YOU MUST SEND ME A PM REQUEST

Once, I remembered seeing this on Hangaku's YouTube page and thought it was interesting in some way (though my experience with these kinds of programs told me that you usually had to download a crapton of models or make'em yourself). That was a little bit of a discouragement to me, so I skipped the idea of betting this program (that, and I really don't have the patience to make stuff like this). Well, one day while I was searching through a forum for Touhou stuff, I saw a thread offering Dance-Mixer, and I thought I should give it a shot. If I had to describe this in one sentence, it would be this, "If The IDOLM@STER had an in-depth creation tool, this is what it would be."

After installing it and opening the program up, I saw a menu option that said "CharEditor".

Well, I guess I was wrong. You actually get to create the character yourself within the program. I opened it up, and I was greeted with a loli wearing nothing but panties o_O

The character editor is quite in depth. In the "Body" section, the only option is to change the breast size (figures >_>). Oh, and I'm going to derail this explanation of the character editor to talk about the breast size options. There's flat chested as seen above, and then the maximum setting is almost like ridiculously large breast implants o_O

The "Face" section allows different mouth options, eyebrows, eye colors, and eyebrow colors. The "Hair" section is where it gets extremely interesting. In most games, the creator usually limits you to only a few premade hairstyles. Dance-Mixer's hair customization allows the mixing of different styles for the front section, back section, bangs, and even the option to add an ahoge. The hair color customization allows either preset colors, or the ability to use the "RGB" color system. After playing around with the editor a bit, I made a small attempt to recreate Taiga Aisaka

Moving onto the dress editor. There are 3 options in the DressEditor. There's "Inner", which are the undergarments (and swimsuits), Outer, which is where all the normal clothing is, and accessories, which are self explanatory. Starting off with Inner, there are very few options. 4 bras, 4 panties, and 6 swimsuits (used one to make Taiga look like in the one pool episode in Toradora).

These really don't matter much to anyone except for perverts usually, so moving on. The Outer section has a crapton of options available, ranging from school uniforms to maid outfits and fancy dresses. Only problem I see with the clothing is that most of the clothing have only preset color schemes and don't allow changing the color of each individual section of the clothing. With the best of what the program has to offer, I went ahead and tried to make Taiga wear the Oohashi school uniform.

I enjoy the accessories quite a bit, except for the fact that most of the hair accessories won't work unless the character has a certain hairstyle. After messing around with a few accessories, I found drills, angel and devil wings, a cape, bunny ears, kitty ears, and much more. I randomly came up with this:

lol Palmtop Tiger

This concludes my small article on Dance-Mixer. More will be updated soon, and I will make an attempt to show a bit of the Dance Editor. That's where the program will really shine. Even if you don't have the patience to create the elaborate dance videos, this program is still fun for creating random characters to your heart's content. Thank you for reading.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

Lol lolis. This is for pervs, I guess.
I better go download it then. :D