Narbacular Drop

Off topic Discussion
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Narbacular Drop

Post by Kinhoshi »

I saw in the Portal (The one by Valve :P) wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_%28computer_game%29) a link to this neat (free) game. Apparently, Portal is a semi sequel to it... Let me try to describe it.
Nuclear Monkey Software wrote: In Narbacular Drop you explore a 3D dungeon and overcome obstacles using unique portal gameplay. Its non-violent, low-intensity, simple gameplay appeals to gamers of all ages and skill levels. The unique portal gameplay makes for a very fun and memorable game experience.

The player controls the Princess character who has been captured by the a demon. The demon has trapped her in his dungeon lair, known as Wally. Wally is a sentient dungeon and has the ability to open portal holes on his walls. These portals connect to each other and any object moving into one portal will come out the other. Wally is resentful of his owner demon owner, so he joins with the Princess to help her escape. In exchange, she agrees to free Wally by directing his portal power to vanquish the demon.

This portal system is a technical feature that is demonstrated in a few games to date, and has never before been the central focus of a game. The concept is two interconnecting portals that can be freely placed by the player. When looking into one portal, the viewer sees out the other and vice versa. The added feature of moving through the portals allows for many unique gameplay possibilities. Combining portals with the basic physics simulation allows for a huge level of interactivity. Players can toss boxes, boulders, or even themselves around the dungeon. Players can come up with their own creative solutions to overcome the challenges in each level.

The portal interface is very simple. The left mouse button fires the a blue portal, which appears on the wall, ceiling, or floor in front of the player. The right mouse button fires a red portal. Only one of each portal can be open at a time. This allows for a fast learning curve and low-intensity gameplay.
So... yeah, it's like portal; except some stuff here and there. I strongly suggest you give it a try. Screenshots: http://nuclearmonkeysoftware.com/screenshots.html
Narbacular Drop Wiki incase you want to read stuff about it. >_> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_Drop
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

the creators of narbacular drop was contracted for valve to make portal
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I know that. :\ I read the whole wiki on it.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Its not a bad game, more like a technology demo.
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I thought it was awesome. I just love Portals. ^^
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

So the portal thing is actually quite old? :?
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I think Portal uses something a tad diffrent.
Mutant Enemy
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Mutant Enemy »

I played ages ago and finished it 10 times (mabey more) I thinks it's great fun.
Sam!00!
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Sam!00! »

OMG THIS IS A GREAT GAME!!!!!

I AM THE PORTALS MASTER!!!

(video comming soon ^^)
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

Yes, this game rocks, too short though. Thank goodness for the custom maps made by the community. :P
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

Kinhoshi wrote:Yes, this game rocks, too short though. Thank goodness for the custom maps made by the community. :P
where google cant find them!
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

I'm assuming you meant "Where?! Google can't find any of them!" if I'm correct... http://www.nuclearmonkeysoftware.com/fo ... wtopic=198