Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

I actually like that more :D
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Well, I'm looking for a host for my beta map.
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

I'm sure someone here with a server will have no problem hosting it :]
Saccn
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Saccn »

If there was no EP2 content, I would host it.
DigitalySane
Polygon
Polygon

Post by DigitalySane »

Depending on when and for how long i could aswell.
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

I guess no one else is testing it yet :[ It's alright. Starting this weekend and next 3 weeks I'm on Christmas break and 3 friends and I are planing to play this privately on my server for long periods of times :D

I'll tell you of any bugs I find. I'm also thinking of making my server public for even a day and I guarantee other servers will have it once they see the map and how much it fills :]]
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Thanks ^^
Old
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

What does this mean?
"|GC| Avneet tripped on a stick or something."

I see that in my console from me dying(went afk just to get server started so don't know how I was dying). All I know is I was downstairs in the house you start of in under the stairs. So I don't know if it's a bug or not that I died while in there.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

It means you were killed by physics or yourself. This shows up when another player spawns into you.

Will be fixed in 1.34.
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

Guess someone spawned on me then? Thing is no one had connected yet? That's why I'm wondering if there is a bug in the map itself :]
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

It's the console output for a physics based death, it ca be a death from anything that is not caused by a NPC so kill arreas i maps also give this output.
:nyoron:
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

Yeah but I mean when I went afk, I specifically made sure I was inside. I remember exactly I was in the building you start in under the stairs. So either when it gets dark I still get effected in there, or someone did spawn on me because I'm pretty sure no one got in the server because I forgot to set maxfilesize up so people can download.

Ok I paid attention this time. It seems there is a bug because there is no safe zone when it gets dark. Even in the house I loose my health and eventually die. I think that is going to have to be fixed fast. Probably why people kept leaving my server yesterday.

Edit--Now it turns out people said it's part of the map where you get hurt no matter what so you always end up dying and losing health. I think that needs to be fixed for indoors because it keeps emptying servers when people die no matter what. Defies point of roleplaying like we did on harvest if you lose your money after x amount of turns everytime. Just my suggestion so servers start holding people for longer times.

Is there a serverside way I can make it so we aren't hurt while indoors in that building? I think that can fix everything.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I was playing the map for about an hour and nobody could get anywhere because we didn't know how to get cash.
Avneet
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Avneet »

Even when we got cast you would lose it when you eventually died from no safe zone. I love that cash is hard to get so game lasts longer, but hate that you lose anything you gain in first place. Server went from almost full to empty 3 hours ago when people saw that you kept dying and it's still empty to now.

Gosh we need this fixed for Christmas break so we can play and play :'[
sven666
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by sven666 »

Loosing life is normal, you have to eat to heal you.

http://www.obsidianconflict.de/forums/v ... 9743#39743