Zombie Survival (oc_survival)

Show off work in progress maps.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

THANKS!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

-noskyfix

in vrad compile settings will make light_env act like a regular light. Meaning you can have more than one light_env.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

So what? They will still be perfectly static and won't accept any kind of input. The only possible use I can think of is having two suns...
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Figured I'd mention it since somebody earlier was under the impression you can only have one light_env.

Best way for the day/night thing is to set up light_statics or light_spots with settings similar to the way a light_env works.

light_env:
Brightness: 202 237 255 10
Ambient: 255 255 255 1

light_spot: (Sunlight)
Name: light_daylight
Brightness: 255 237 174 900
Pattern: aaaaabbbbbcccccdddddeeeee...yyyyyzzzzzyyyyyxxxxx (etc.)

light: (Ambient Light)
Name: light_daylight
Brightness: 191 216 255 50
Constant: 1 (Set all others to 0)
Pattern: aaaaabbbbbcccccdddddeeeee...yyyyyzzzzzyyyyyxxxxx (etc.)

When placing the lights, treat them like you would for light_env with -noskyfix enabled. Meaning, place enough of these pairs of daylights to sufficiently light your whole map. Give them all the same name and exact same pattern or you will get lighting problems. Always keep the light spot far in the corner of the skybox and keep its angle consistent.

All that you need after that is to trigger the pattern from the start of the map.As for the skybox, you can make a sphere model and texture it with one of valves ravenholm skyboxes. Set the render mode or similar to allow it to fade from full alpha to 0 and set it outside the skyboxcamera.
KON_Air
prop_static
prop_static

Post by KON_Air »

That is what I've been talking about and have on the sample map I posted http://rapidshare.com/files/233054698/n ... t.vmf.html

with no need for -noskyfix

Why are we going in circles? :P
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

Oh, didn't download your vmf. I also didn't say anything about using -noskyfix for that.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

I haven't looked at this thread in a long time and in response of how I want metrocops added is to make 1 or more of them as allies! He can have a pistol for all I care as long as they're involved.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Keychain wrote:I haven't looked at this thread in a long time and in response of how I want metrocops added is to make 1 or more of them as allies! He can have a pistol for all I care as long as they're involved.
While youre at it make them follow you
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

well if you are going to explore houses during day it might be a good idea to at least have some one watching your back.
so keychains post about combine police can be used right?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Too bad I can't have one of them without there face mask.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Fox was working on adding a custom maskless metrocop npc.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Keychain wrote:Fox was working on adding a custom maskless metrocop npc.
I guess its because you love them. :o
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
THAT CAKE IS A SPY
Pixel

Post by THAT CAKE IS A SPY »

Looks great, just one question will you be able to buy stuff like defence like trenches with machine guns or guard towers, moters , things like that. Or you can model the machine guns and you buy ammo for them they run out and you put the ammo pouch in so that way the players can have more fun killing zombies. Map looks great.
I think of ideas for maps dont judge me i like ideas for maps that they will use :P
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Update

1. I have moved the location to the city, found it would be easier to work on plus no lag because of trees.

2. Lowered the amount of NPC allies, now there is only a CP Officer, Hgrunt and one rebel(or maybe a vort).

3. There will be 2/3 turrets, one manned by ether a NPC or a player and a Automated Rebel turret, which you can move around and it will shoot down enemies for you(but you need to keep it working by bringing it ammo).

More details and progress reports soon.
Freekill
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Freekill »

Instead of killing humans who do not make it back to the safe area make it so human can be alive outside the safe zone but can not enter the safe zone. This would also mean he has no supplies meaning if he is low on food or water he might stave/die of thirst plus he would have to fight zombies.

like harvest has the spa and hotel make 1 or 2 small (really small) house where u can hold off the zombies. houses could have like one plank over door to slow zombies (make it easy for zombies but hard for humans.)

have you thought about maybe having the npc's infected? like they have a chance of getting infected(not people just npc humans)