Zombie Survival (oc_survival)

Show off work in progress maps.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Zombie Survival (oc_survival)

Post by Gary »

I'll take your other suggestions into account when I work on this next.

Also, I haven't really worked on the house it's self, I only worked on the basement for the last day, but here is what the living room looks like without dynamic lighting.

The basement(I know I need to fix the wire thickness):
Your suit says that it detects hazardous substances when you enter this room. It was used for gas testing.

Again this is very Heavy WIP, the basement/lab is the only thing even near completion.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

looks reall nice gary keep it up.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

OHgawd what's that shadow at the bottom of the last pic?!

Player I presume?
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Yeah, ignore that. I am using my personal mod codebase to take the pictures because my OC SDK setup is screwed up.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

add an info_lighting near a light, then you can sepicify the name of the info_lighting in the static prop properties, to make sure its getting light, i.e the lamar cages at the top.

These screen shots are better than the first lot, I'm not a fan of long rooms with lab/monitor props lined up along the wall.

And the concrete block shelf with a ton of books, looks like it'll = a moment of lag if itcan all move when shot or w/e.
It can still look makeshift and be simplified.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

fug4life wrote:add an info_lighting near a light, then you can sepicify the name of the info_lighting in the static prop properties, to make sure its getting light, i.e the lamar cages at the top.
Yeah, I've been meaning to do that, I just keep forgetting to do it. I was also thinking about just raising the intensity of the lights so the problem would go away naturally.

fug4life wrote: And the concrete block shelf with a ton of books, looks like it'll = a moment of lag if itcan all move when shot or w/e.
It can still look makeshift and be simplified.
Like most props on the desks, the book shelf and the books can not move(Disable Motion flag). I do this to prevent lag due to physics calculations and networking, though I could force them client side, but unless it becomes a problem, I will just keep them motionless.
AsG1Alligator
prop_static
prop_static

Post by AsG1Alligator »

Damn... I came up with similar idea 2 days ago... I even made a new thread... I suppose i should always take a look on hot threads... ALWAYS. xD
John Freeman looked at the ground and found a WEPON! So he picked it up and fired it at zombie goasts... in front of a house.

Steam is so f*&(^g annoying.

http://www.radicalplay.com/madcars/egame.html

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... st23240389
[thumbnail=center]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee10 ... -dance.gif[/thumbnail]
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Add me on Steam so we can talk, possibility we can work on this together as it will likely not get done unless someone with more motivation/determination can work on this with me, but we can only work together if we have a similar skill level and mapping style.
AsG1Alligator
prop_static
prop_static

Post by AsG1Alligator »

Yeah i just thought about working together: You would work on countryside part and i would work on city part...

As for my mappng skills... They are quite average...

-EDIT-

Hmm... Since we are not working together maybe i could make a single building for use in your map... A small
by-the-road store or a gas station... Something like that. Just to help you
John Freeman looked at the ground and found a WEPON! So he picked it up and fired it at zombie goasts... in front of a house.

Steam is so f*&(^g annoying.

http://www.radicalplay.com/madcars/egame.html

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... st23240389
[thumbnail=center]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee10 ... -dance.gif[/thumbnail]
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

This is dead? or simply is on hold?
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I would like to say... On hold.

My skills have improved greatly over the years. Though, what ever I do likely won't be as ambitious. I've also considered making the map in a manner that I can release updates(like new areas and features).

I have recently been disappointed in my self for not releasing a completed map, especially since I made so many promises... Plus I have been playing OC a few times when I go out with my laptop. Making me really want to complete this in some form.