oc_dark_forest

Show off work in progress maps.
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

oc_dark_forest

Post by Umbrae »

*Edit: Seeing that I lost the files for this map when I had to reinstall my computer, there is a good chance that hopefully the thread will be closed soon.

Here are some sneak previews of my newest project, oc_dark_forest. Oc_dark_forest is full of paranoia, darkness, horror and zombies... All the good things. ;)

You stand at the entrance to a forest. You have no idea where you are. You have no idea how you got there. A cold breeze blows the ferns near a sign. The sign reads, "DANGER: STAY ON PATH". There is only one way to go, and that is forward down a long forest path. You have no idea what is at the end of the path, or even if it ends. All that you have left is the feeling of despair as you begin your journey down that ominous forest path. Each footstep without hope, each footstep to inevitable doom.

Oc_dark_forest will encourage you to work as a team, just as much as it can encourage you to work against your team at certain points. There will be some tough decisions and only the strongest teams will remain unbroken. Check this thread for updates as the map begins to take form.

The first screenshot is currently from the a6.

Alright here's today's update. :)

Finally you come to a strange wooden structure. Can it be? Yes, there are supplies stacked neatly on some crates. For a moment you freeze, because you hear some rustling off the path. You wait for a while, but nothing happens. Perhaps it was just the wind?

Last edited by Umbrae on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: oc_dark_forest

Post by MaestraFénix »

Well, i want maps that uses real co-op (not only for kill enemies), so i´ll follow this.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Screenshots have been updated. I should be about halfway- quarter-way done with the forest path tomorrow.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

The path looks like a plataform. Try set it at the same level of the ground.

You could try improve the look of a forest with a 3D Skybox.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

This kinda sounds interesting, it'll hopefully don't take too long to finish it: can't wait to test how it works out
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

Sorry about missing the update yesterday. Anyways, here's today's update.
~Umbrae~
Gurluas
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Gurluas »

I like it...Make sure to use a variety of enemies, not only Zombies.
I'd love to see more use of the Hydra, tentacles, and other large enemies which would make for an epic horror experience just a hint. :)
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

I've been meaning to update for a couple days now. The good news is I should have an update today. On a side note I will happily take some suggestions into consideration, if people want to make them. I have already seen some good suggestions that I like.
~Umbrae~