oc_forest_house_beta

Show off work in progress maps.
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

oc_forest_house_beta

Post by Umbrae »

***On hold until I get back to this and get to restart the entire alpha to beta transition again.
**Ideally I am hoping the beta will be a lot different from the alpha, and will be a lot better. Feel free to post any graphical suggestions from the alpha here, along with any suggestions from looking at the screenshots. Not only will the main concept of the map be reworked, but I am hoping to improve the general graphics and fix any bugs.

***Expect an occasional update. I have decided that it would be a bad idea to rush the beta.

I am finally making some good progress on the long over due beta for oc_forest_house. In the beta the map has been given more of an objective. Now the map is like a giant scavenger hunt, just with zombies, darkness, explosions, deathtraps, and puzzles, and all the other things that make scavenger hunts fun. You must retrieve all the parts that Sam needs to repair the radio to call in for rescue.

The plot is you have recently bought a nice house in the middle of the woods. However there is something ominous, perhaps the forest or the house itself. Soon a squad of rebels shows up at your door out of breath. One of them by the name of Ted informs you that they stirred up zombies while they were traveling through the woods, they jumped over your wall and ran towards the lights of your house. Charles locks the doors and stands guard. Maybe it is finally time to put that shotgun over the fire place to good use.

It isn't long until the house is over run and you are forced into the safety of the basement. Down there are some more rebels led by a merchant named Sam. Sam thinks that if you can find a radio, he call call in a helicopter to save everyone. Of course the only catch is the radio is broken. It isn't long before Sam has you running around exploring the house, forest, sheds, garage and all the other dark corners of the map, searching for various objects. Be careful some of the areas are infested with zombies or trapped. Perhaps along the way you will unearth a few dark secrets too, who knows?

I will keep this thread updated with screenshots of the process of creating the beta. Please don't hesitate to comment on screenshots that you see. Any comments help a lot and are very much appreciated, whether they are a suggestion or something that you like.

The first thing to get excited about is that the basement stairs have been fixed and the basement isn't quite as large, meaning there is a lot less unused space.

There is also a new building on the map. A garage of some sort.

Last edited by Umbrae on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~Umbrae~
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: oc_forest_house_beta

Post by MaestraFénix »

The fact there are three thread about a map in their different stages [cough]oc_nerv[/cough] doesnt mean that you have to do the same. Put all this in the "old" thread and delete this.

It sounds interesting. Good luck.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

People can post graphical things with the alpha here, since I will be reusing some graphical things. So the other thread shouldn't even really be needed.
~Umbrae~
Umbrae
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Umbrae »

I had to reinstall my entire computer and I lost everything. I probably have the most recent released version lying around somewhere on a flash drive, but that might not even help too much since I want to remake a good deal of the map/ map plot. As a result I am putting the beta on hold until further notice.
~Umbrae~