Linkmister's Modern Weaponry Transformation Pack

Show off work in progress models.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

-=jerC=- wrote:Atleast if theres no w_model,it makes you think that only you is cool enough to use them while others use old weapons.
I'm supposed to agree with you.

But certainly,you use a mp5 in fps but when you see the world model,you see a mp7/ar2 or whatever it is.

''It just ain't right!'' - Engineer
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Updated the O.P. with the pistol rigged up and with the current status of the animations. Gonna start on the pistol since I want to animate that the most.

Also.
BiElGaMe wrote:
-=jerC=- wrote:Atleast if theres no w_model,it makes you think that only you is cool enough to use them while others use old weapons.

But certainly,you use a mp5 in fps but when you see the world model,you see a mp7/ar2 or whatever it is.

It's my pack, it doesn't have to make sense.
Image Image
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Linkmister wrote:Updated the O.P. with the pistol rigged up and with the current status of the animations. Gonna start on the pistol since I want to animate that the most.

Also.
BiElGaMe wrote:

It's my pack, it doesn't have to make sense.
Damn...you got me.

BTW,i did take a bit of my time.A model to replace the mp7,to come close to your erm...MW2 style,I choosed this one: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/93526

There's already good anims for this but they seem to be a bit awkward
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

One more thing Link.You accept weapons that should be replacements for other weapons too?(i.e. AK47,UMP45,m249,these weapons will be replaced by other ones if necessary)

Just adding new ''categories'' in your topic,But I think it should give you a lot of trouble or time.Think about it.

BTW,your WIPs are looking real good,as for the OICW replacement,is there a EOTech w/o a texture in front of a ACOG scope?Looks wierd for me =/
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Cool someone finally released a Vector that isn't from MW2, I may use that but I need to think about the animations for the moment, and the animations will look 10x more awkward in HL2 than CS:S since the reload time for the SMG is 44 frames.
Image Image
fusionz154
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fusionz154 »

there's gonna be custom sounds right?

LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

ofc,as for the uzis anims made by him for 1.35 release,it does contain his sounds

don't be worried,hes going to add some cool sounds of these weapon once hes done
Arclight71
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Arclight71 »

So Link, How much more progress have you made? You finally get all the weapons you want or no because I can't seem to find anymore good ones to recommend.
The one and only.
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Progress has halted for the time being, entered lazy mode sorry folks :lol:

Though I did get all the models selected, how do you guys like

The Kriss Super V A.K.A the Vector for the SMG

and the Thumper from MW2 for the grenades

I wanted something a bit different and unique for this pack

I would like to apologize again for my laziness I will hop on this pack again shortly.:ivebeenshut:
Image Image
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

So I decided to get off my lazy ass and edit the M4A1 animations I did on Wednesday, instead of uploading it on Youtube I decided to upload it as my avatar, as you can probably tell it is still a heavy W.I.P. but I am hoping you guys get an idea of what I am doing. :wink:
Image Image
fusionz154
Vertex
Vertex

Post by fusionz154 »

the bolt/ upper receiver/charging should move with the hand :D

Arclight71
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Arclight71 »

As far as criticism goes on your new animations I would say they are coming along very nicely. I am assuming that since it is a heavy WIP that is the reason why I don't see the bolt pull not moving with the hand. Also, the GIF you provided in your avatar is kind of small and I didn't even realize that the magazine drops out in the beginning and then puts a new one in. I had to zoom in on the GIF to actually see the magazine after it is placed in. A youtube video might offer slightly more quality. Either that or just post up a larger GIF on an image hosting site.
The one and only.
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Holy shit, forgot I was still working on this, hehe. Anyways, I think I owe you guys this much for the lack of progress.

For the OICW, decided not to use Twinkie's M4A1 since I want to save that for something else.
Image Image
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

Holy shit.
Can't wait!
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Taggart
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Taggart »

Very nice.