Barrett for Sniper Rifle

Misc work in progress screenshots etc...
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Barrett for Sniper Rifle

Post by Linkmister »

A couple months ago I noticed the Sniper Rifle in OC took .50 caliber rounds so I decided to replace the Sniper Rifle with the infamous Barrett .50 Cal!

Model, textures and sounds came from this FPSB submission

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/24441

Modern Warfare 2 Hands: Model and texture by Infinity Ward, Rigged by .Exe

All credits go to their respective authors

Animated by me! :D

The model being used is currently the M82A1, since I have not found an M95 or M99 model I had to improvise, this was also a chance to test my new hand rig. The sound is delayed but that will most likely be fixed in the near future. As for the animation itself I must say this is probably the best thing I made in awhile (even better than the melee attack, which I am still fine tuning so no worries :wink:)

As for this submission almost everything you see (including the animation itself) will probably be replaced with something else (except for the MW2 snow hands, they are too sexy.)

I must say not too bad for an hours work. Bring on the suggestions/harsh criticism!
Image Image
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

The sound is to fast for the animation.
The animation is slow. IRL it would take less than 2 seconds. Or less if the guy is a pro.
I know this is needed because the reload on the sniper in oc now is GOD AWFULLY SLOW. So to be a proper reskin it will need this speed. But it's bad.
I've been thinking on completely changing the snipers script because the sniper now sucks balls.
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I was working on another reload on it today but the model is just too hard to work with, I probably will put this on hold until I get an M95 or I use an AWP instead.
Image Image