Merry Christmas!

Obsidian News Archive.
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Gary »

Honestly, I mostly agree you, DisConnected. You got a point that, that those who only skim over the front pages of sites or moddb might think this mod is dead. But why are you continuing to bash this over the dev's heads. Fox just said he is going to start a dev video blog and Necio already started a Twitter feed of bugfixes/Feature adds. The bugtracker has also been constantly updated. The team as grown. All of these are obvious signs of shit being done.

I do think there needs to be something like a monthly update, even if it's just a change log of fixed bugs and/or added features.

I also feel bad for the Devs due to the lack of Beta Tester activity, they can't be saying that they have a new feature/fixed a bug and then find out it doesn't work under certain circumstances. The last thing you want it to say: "Look at this kick ass feature we just made" just to be forced to later say "Well, apparently because of this new feature; after the player jumps then throws a grenade the mod crashes. Now we got to remove it". Or something along these lines. It makes them look stupid and disappoints the playerbase.

Also you know it's not one of those "If a person of authority said it, it must be right" things with me. I've disagreed multiple times with authority here and made it quite clear.
Doomblade94
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Doomblade94 »

My apologies in advance if this will irk anyone, but I agree with DisConnected when he/she says the mod is dead...
I wish this wasn't true, but when I downloaded OC there was only 1 server I could find... Today I opened up the "server" listings in STEAM and went over to search for servers for OC, this is what came up:

Notice I had no filters up. That means that any server for OC would have shown up in that search, but no results came up. Meaning there are no servers anymore for OC. :cry:
And yes, I have tried the search multiple times at different times of day, so don't say that "it must have been your internet connection" or something like that.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

Doomblade94 wrote:My apologies in advance if this will irk anyone, but I agree with DisConnected when he/she says the mod is dead...
I wish this wasn't true, but when I downloaded OC there was only 1 server I could find... Today I opened up the "server" listings in STEAM and went over to search for servers for OC, this is what came up:

Notice I had no filters up. That means that any server for OC would have shown up in that search, but no results came up. Meaning there are no servers anymore for OC. :cry:
And yes, I have tried the search multiple times at different times of day, so don't say that "it must have been your internet connection" or something like that.
well did you ever try looking for the servers ingame? because there is like over 5 of them atleast.
also this doesent belong to news section
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Impossible, the last I checked (which was yesterday), there were at least 14-15 up. Though it could also be Valve/Steam screwing something over on their end (again). http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=obsidian2

Edit:
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

The newest Steam Server Browser doesn't work with older things like Obsidian Conflict, only Ingame Browser does... (since it's build in into the engine duh)
Doomblade94
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Doomblade94 »

Oh ok srry
Robin
Donator
Donator

Post by Robin »

Happy holidays guys
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Woah you guys made a Christmas blog post 3 days before Christmas? ..oh wait, dohohoho just kidding
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

I know Vuten already made a post here about what I'm going to say but anyways...

Happy Holidays to everyone!
Fire Sniper
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Fire Sniper »

Merry christmas to everyone and hope they get a good chunk of the stuff they want :D
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

merry christmass and have fun guys.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image