Merry Christmas!

Obsidian News Archive.
Miko101
Pixel

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Miko101 »

Quick question. Some of my friends sometimes don't care for having a challenge in the Half Life 2 campaign but like to play it anyway. is there any way to play it without lives mode or is this going to be a change that cant be remedied?
This is also for the fact my friends and I play with friendly fire and we have a tendency to shoot each other frequently with intent to kill or annoy each other.
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

You can, mp_livesmode 0 (I think)

Most of the hl2 campaign features are done through mapadd (I think) so it's pretty simple to modify it for your own personal use (I think lawl)
robot225
Vertex
Vertex

Do more new news PLZ :/

Post by robot225 »

:dance: :dance: dubble

do more news PLZ :evil: :poke: (its like the mod is dead :cry: :coke: yum!!! LOL :king:
robot225
Vertex
Vertex

Post by robot225 »

do 1.36 or are you doing 2.0 :) :hyper:
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Re: Do more new news PLZ :/

Post by Andrax17 »

robot225 wrote::dance: :dance: dubble

do more news PLZ :evil: :poke: (its like the mod is dead :cry: :coke: yum!!! LOL :king:
the mod aint dead... and its being developed all the time (and use edit button instead of double posting kthx)
also there is no reason to post news all the time when there is really nothing to tell...better wait for bigger news instead of twitter-like 100 news post erryday
Sabre
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Sabre »

A mod is 'dead' when people stop playing it and devs stop working on it. Recently I've seen people use dead to mean crap. I've seen people claim a mod is dead only months after going silent.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

The mod isn't dead, it's just suffering from what every multiplayer Source Mod suffers from: small playerbases.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

late response is late
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Neico wrote:late response is late
Neico, it's November. I'd say an update or at least a work in progress showing is also pretty damn late. Unless you guys have really accomplished nothing of notice in the past 11 months. I'll I'm asking is for some proof that the mod is really being developed as everyone keeps saying it is. From what I see now with extreme lack of updates, is the mod really being dead. As does everyone else who goes onto the main page to see what this mod is about, to see the last update be from last Christmas.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

I'd have to agree, as far as I know quite a bit of progress was made since the Christmas blog post.

But the mod isn't in any way dead, the fraking devs are still around doing work. Just because there are no updates does not make the mod dead, it's whether the developers are working on it or not.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

I actually uploaded 2 screenshots to moddb today to give at least a little hint at activity while i prepare a small sort of "dev-blog" video showcasing most of the new features and changes since 1.35.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/obsidian-conf ... u#imagebox
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

Looking good so far,is not that much but something very useful.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

W0rf0x wrote:I actually uploaded 2 screenshots to moddb today to give at least a little hint at activity while i prepare a small sort of "dev-blog" video showcasing most of the new features and changes since 1.35.

Wait, the view bob is the "HL1 WON movement"?:

Because if is yes, i´m happy :D
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Keychain wrote:I'd have to agree, as far as I know quite a bit of progress was made since the Christmas blog post.
But the mod isn't in any way dead, the fraking devs are still around doing work. Just because there are no updates does not make the mod dead, it's whether the developers are working on it or not.
How do we know if devs are doing work on it if there's no updates? :roll: And since progress has been made, can we get an update on it all please? It's also probably losing you guys more community members:

"Oh really, I'll go check that mod out" > *Merry Christmas 2010 update* > lolbye

You should at least have an update every month or so.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

DisConnected wrote:How do we know if devs are doing work on it if there's no updates? :roll: And since progress has been made, can we get an update on it all please?
Easy, because we say that we're working on it ...

and a hint: I've stated many times already that visiting http://bugs.obsidianconflict.net and http://twitter.com/ObsidianMod is a very good way of knowing that we're still at it...