Puella Magi Madoka Magica inspired Missions

Request prop/weapon models, mapping prefabs, map textures or texture replacements here.
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica inspired Missions

Post by Rukifellth »

Maestro Fénix wrote:I can admit and even defend a mod full of anime, but not one filled with crap. Is like if someone start putting Ponies here.

You know what?, i retract of all of above. We are free to do what we want (as long as it is legal, of course :P), and a bunch of trollers will not get sink this ship. We´ll show to the world our quality, even if is about Anime. The worst thing that we can do now is start fighting and divide each of us.[/thread]

Rukifellth, if you really want a map about that, start thinking how it will be, size, outside or in a building, story, etc.

And photos, i need photos of spiderman how is that world. Maybe its outside of the capabilities of Source. Only then i and the rest we can help you doing it.
Hmm, describing the worlds of Puella Magi, called Barriers, is somewhat tricky, but they should be possible to make. But some of them would need some redesign to work as stages.

The first world, The Barrier of Getrud, The Witch of Roses.

First up, I'm gonna show a pic of the portal that takes you to her world, but it's design seems VERY complex, and you should begin inside the world from the start, so maiby the portal is unnecery.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Gertrud's Barrier World is based on an unfinished building floor in Episode 1, and therefore get's a very unfinished, messy look to it. Odd objects stick out from everywhere in a chaotic manner, but they still manage to induce the feel of being some kind of Garden, I guess it could be viewed as an outside area, but I dunno. Size of that area is kinda big, judging from that episode, but could be structured like a L4D type of level, "make it feel bigger than it is".
Hidden Content
Episode 2's version of Gertrud's barrier is very different in that it is taller and more tower like, mostly because the world materialised in an unfinished skyscraper this time. It has a sketchy, drawn appearence, but feels very medieval in style with bridges and spiral stairs. Doors are placed where windows should be, but could be used as a spot for enemies to spawn from. Occasionaly, that place becomes more structured and castle like.
Hidden Content
At the end of the tower like area is the final area before Gertrud's chamber, a gigantic garden where her minions are collecting roses for her:
Hidden Content
A closer look at the boss door (if you could call it that)
Hidden Content
And finally, Gertrud's chamber, it might look small, but it's actually very big in space, and the wall pieces actually "rotate"! In the pic, we have Gertrud sitting there on her sofa.
Hidden Content
Messed Up? You betcha!

As a level, I can imagine the construction yard like areas from Ep1 as being the first areas you explore, until the player eventually finds a way inside, where they'll have to go through the castle like structure of Ep2, ending with the rose garden and Gertrud's room, So it's basically like an odd version of Queensland from American McGee's Alice.

The enemies attacking you are:

Anthony, Weird Yarnball headed things with moustaches and Butterflies for legs, they attack being using gigantic scissors to cut down all that is unnecesery, they actually have faces... sometimes...
Hidden Content
Adelbert, more simple in design and function, they serve as guards and will warn anyone when they spot an enemy, then, they will headbutt you to submission.The tiiiiiny ones actually calls forth tall rose vines from the ground, but are easy to kill.
Hidden Content
Gertrud Herself will begin more interested in looking at her roses than attack you, but step on the roses or attack her and she will begin by throwing her sofa at you. Despite her size, she CAN fly, and will mostly try to crush you with her size and weight, or ram you, she will also summon forth more minions to aid her.. She is also fast...
Hidden Content
So what do you think? Chaotic? Panic indusing? Unnerving?
Last edited by Rukifellth on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

spoiler tag doesent work for me in this forum anymore, so i cant see anything
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rukifellth »

Andrax17 wrote:spoiler tag doesent work for me in this forum anymore, so i cant see anything
Yeah, did'nt work for me either, so I removed it. :S

To bad the images are so BIG
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

The levels are possible to do, and i gonna commit the error to say that it only needs basic brush structure.

About the enemies, bufff, it looks like it needs being made as new models. For the first ones, maybe they it fits as the npc_zombie (put scissors in their "claws"). As the boss, the npc_advisor? (i remember that it can levitate and throw any object, but i dont know if this was fixed or you have to fix it in the code). About their textures, emmmm, i think that i saw a method to make that effect, but i´m not sure.

Yes, it can be made. I recommend start first with the levels and left to the end the models.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

hmm would be nice.. lil freaky and creepy
Rukifellth
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Rukifellth »

Hmm, I know a guy who is good with models, at least that's a start. All we need now is a mapper.... :S

So, you're suggesting that the Anthony would act like zombies, while the other acts like HAAAAAAAACKS?

But about the boss, can you use an Advisor? I was thinking maiby a Antlion Guard. What do you think?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Rukifellth wrote:Hmm, I know a guy who is good with models, at least that's a start. All we need now is a mapper.... :S

So, you're suggesting that the Anthony would act like zombies, while the other acts like HAAAAAAAACKS?

But about the boss, can you use an Advisor? I was thinking maiby a Antlion Guard. What do you think?
I said that, zombies and advisor. Search a mapper (or learn to use Hammer. This could be a good starting).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos