[Mapping Tutorial] A coop Teleporter without getting stucked

Archived Source Engine and Obsidian Tutorials.
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

[Mapping Tutorial] A coop Teleporter without getting stucked

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

Hi Community, Im Gandorques Hikla a expierienced Mapper (especially Techical) since Half-Life 1.

I love this Mod, but on the most maps with teleporters you can get stuck in other players easylie, even if theres a trigger_push to push the players out of the Teleport Destination Area, heres a Tutorial for a easy way to prevent this.

First off, you need a spawn room or some room where the teleporter is in (Incredible :shock: )

Then you need the Teleporter, I think the best is a teleporter zone at the Ground with little walls around it, to prevent that more than one player enters the Teleport Zone at the same time.

MAKE SURE THAT ONLY ONE PLAYER FITS INTO THE TELEPORTER AREA (At least 32x32 units, a bit larger, but not 64x64 Units!)

Make a Teleporter Area at the Ground of the Teleporter Hole

Then you need the Teleporter Destination for this Teleporter on another Place on the Map, it dont have to be a Chamber like I did it, just be sure that a trigger_multiple Area (Reset Delay 0!) fits around it, a bit larger.

Now theres the Triggering Part!
Set the Outputs of the Trigger_multiple Zone to On Start Touch->Teleporter(whatever its name is)->Disable
and On End Touch All (be sure to choose EndTouchAll, not EndTouch!) ->Teleporter(whatever its name is)->Enable

For those of you who didnt understand this Tut, heres the Map file to take a look at it yourself!

If you have any questions, Post it here. I´ll post some more Useful Coop Tutorials soon,
Last edited by Gandorques Hikla on Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!
Kinhoshi
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Kinhoshi »

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the tutorial. o.o
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

Good stuff but what if on the way out a n00b blocks it off with a prop in the way?
Gandorques Hikla
Entity Master
Entity Master

Post by Gandorques Hikla »

You could still add a Trigger Push there if you want, or just make several Teleporters like this.^^
Or you simply make a Clip_vphysics around the Teleport Destination to prevent prop Blocking. If you set the "NPC" and "Physic Obects" Flag in the trigger_multiple on the teleporter get also deactivated if they come in the Teleport Area.
Don´t feed the Graphic Whores!