Valve to remove all items gained from an external program.

Talk about Valve games and mods.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Valve to remove all items gained from an external program.

Post by Azure Edge »

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2787 Something tells me it's going to be like PSP's custom firmware, or a game company's anti-piracy stuff. People are going to figure out how to get around it. If not, we're going to have to actually play the game :<
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

yeah it sucks, but read this: "Meanwhile, everyone who took the moral high road will soon be finding a new hat in their inventory. We've also significantly increased the chance of finding any of the existing hats." higher chance of getting hats now, and anybody that used it or uses it will find a hat in their inventory(probably robins hat of shame, the up's: 100% crits towards you. downs: this is the only item you will ever get)
We will miss ya billy.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

I really don't appreciate Valve pulling off something like this without having given a real warning.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

Well that's Valve for ya. Always pissin' off the loyal customers. Maybe they can put all this hard work to stopping cheating that doesn't even matter (since there's no in game currency, meaning there's no inflation or anything like a real RPG) to working on Episode 3. These guys are insane.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

I see nothing wrong with this, if anything, I am on there side, there is nothing wrong with earning items, if you don't want to take the effort to earn these items, then you won't have them.
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

I knew this would happen. VALVe was never really light on cheating.
Azure Edge
Donator
Donator

Post by Azure Edge »

At least there's no VAC'ing for it. That would be a load of crap. Wonder if some god at LUA coding would make a script that a lot of servers would love to use to let people team kill anyone wearing Halos. That would be fun as hell.
Image <- Push!
Curious?

Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Gjsdeath wrote:I see nothing wrong with this, if anything, I am on there side, there is nothing wrong with earning items, if you don't want to take the effort to earn these items, then you won't have them.
how the frak do you earn something when they are given out completely random?

I am a healer against halos.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HealersAgainstHalos
Mr. Someguy
npc_hunter
npc_hunter

Post by Mr. Someguy »

Bah, you're all just upset that they took your cheat items.
Turkey72
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Turkey72 »

Keychain wrote:
Gjsdeath wrote:I see nothing wrong with this, if anything, I am on there side, there is nothing wrong with earning items, if you don't want to take the effort to earn these items, then you won't have them.
how the frak do you earn something when they are given out completely random?

I am a healer against halos.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HealersAgainstHalos
oh thanks for linking that group, its useful.
as i did not get the flag that said i cheated OR the damn halo. so i guess i shall support the group :twisted: .
We will miss ya billy.
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

yep, i got buttfucked by valve too
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

im glad i didnt use the idle system.
also i kinda knew this was coming since valve doesnt like poeple idling to get the hats.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

I dont even understand what youre all talking about,but it sounds annyoing.
Please don't take my posts before 2013 too seriously. It will be better for both you and I :c
Q_Q
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Q_Q »

Keychain wrote:I really don't appreciate Valve pulling off something like this without having given a real warning.
Oh really?
How about this:
http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
5. ONLINE CONDUCT, CHEATING AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR

You agree that you will be personally responsible for the use of your Account and for all of the communication and activity on Steam that results from use of your Account. Your online conduct and interaction with other subscribers should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. Specific requirements may also be found in the Steam Online Conduct rules at http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=online_conduct, other Rules of Use, the Subscription Terms, or in terms of use required by third parties who host particular games or other services.

Steam and the Steam Software may include functionality designed to identify software or hardware processes or functionality that may give a player an unfair competitive advantage when playing multiplayer versions of any Steam Software, other Valve products, or modifications thereof ("Cheats"). You agree that you will not create or assist third parties in any way to create Cheats. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with the operation of software designed to prevent or report the use of Cheats. You acknowledge and agree that either Valve or any online multiplayer host may refuse to allow you to participate in certain online multiplayer games if you use Cheats in connection with Steam or the Steam Software. Further, you acknowledge and agree that an online multiplayer host may report your use of Cheats to Valve, and Valve may communicate your history of use of Cheats to other online multiplayer hosts for Valve products. Valve may terminate your Account or a particular Subscription for any conduct or activity that Valve believes is illegal, constitutes a Cheat, or which otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of Steam by other Subscribers. You acknowledge that Valve is not required to provide you notice before terminating your Subscriptions(s) and/or Account, but it may choose to do so.
They could've banned cheaters but they've decided to leave them alone.
Yet. They're raging.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

i think i forgot to read that.
like i do with every game and their rules.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image