:nyoron:
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Half Life: Source as it should of been

Post by MaestraFénix »

Ny wrote:[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Nuff said
I just post the video in the "VALVe videos/screenshots" thread.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

Lol we posted at the exact same time :nyoron:
:nyoron:
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

its stil an ownage trailer got to admit its pretty good.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

Ny wrote: Nuff said
agreed
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

no i like my half-life not looking like its been covered in orange goo from portal 2 so everything is bouncing around
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

Keychain wrote:no i like my half-life not looking like its been covered in orange goo from portal 2 so everything is bouncing around
actually it was the blue goo :ugly:
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Keychain wrote:no i like my half-life not looking like its been covered in orange goo from portal 2 so everything is bouncing around
Umm what?

I think having a shaking screen when you move (like in CoD) is MUCH better looking than having a perfectly still screen like in Source. Granted, no game would be sutpid enough to make something that looks like that trailer, that's just obnoxious. But it's just a cinematic trailer, it's supposed to look like that.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

DisConnected wrote:
Umm what?

I think having a shaking screen when you move (like in CoD) is MUCH better looking than having a perfectly still screen like in Source. Granted, no game would be sutpid enough to make something that looks like that trailer, that's just obnoxious. But it's just a cinematic trailer, it's supposed to look like that.
She refers about why everything shakes/bounces (sometimes look very weird, like the Gargantua or the robot, but in others like the tentacles or Gonarch is perfect).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Maestro Fénix wrote:
DisConnected wrote:
Umm what?

She refers about why everything shakes/bounces (sometimes look very weird, like the Gargantua or the robot, but in others like the tentacles or Gonarch is perfect).
The video had realistic physics for the most part, and the way the screen moves (although should be less violent) should be how most FPS's look. Especially the vent crawling, that probably looked the best. But if you mean how other things moved, like NPC's and props, then yes, those look terrible. The robot looks bad, and so do the shaking things that have lightning coming out of them in that big test chamber. Physics effects is one thing CoD did right, and most games should do more screen moving while performing actions, or "punches" to the screen when there's a big crash instead of just a shake.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

If physics look like this to you in real life, you need to lay off the drugs. Because personally, everything in the video looks like its elastic and extremely bouncy.

I still like the video, and I'm not using this against it at all. It manages to work. But surely it's not what the real HL:S should've been and it surely does not look normal. Why you keep bringing up CoD is beyond me because it is not related.
Patchouli wrote: actually it was the blue goo :ugly:
Shit, you're right.
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

Keychain wrote:If physics look like this to you in real life, you need to lay off the drugs. Because personally, everything in the video looks like its elastic and extremely bouncy.

I still like the video, and I'm not using this against it at all. It manages to work. But surely it's not what the real HL:S should've been and it surely does not look normal. Why you keep bringing up CoD is beyond me because it is not related.
Patchouli wrote: actually it was the blue goo :ugly:
Shit, you're right.
Coming from a guy who watched about 5-6 episodes of those series where they strap a camera onto a plastic band and put it around a cop's head, yes those physics are pretty realistic. Actually they're a bit too smooth if anything, should have more jaggedness. And I'm comparing Source's screen movements to CoD's screen movements. Making your statement about them not being related invalid. Not even looking at the fact that they are related, in almost every possible way. It's like saying car A and car B aren't related because car A is a Ford and car B is a Ferrari.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Why are we arguing about physics? The whole point of the video was to show this guy's talents in animation, sure, some things are a bit floaty and bouncy, but hey, It's his style and I have NO problem with that.
Image Image
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

agree to that.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

DisConnected wrote:Physics effects is one thing CoD did right,
Cod has pretty much 0 real time physics.

And my personal opinion about the vid is it just doesn't look right, its almost like he tried too hard sometimes.