Re: Rebooting my OC Server after 2 Years

Post by Neico »

... I give up on this guy, hf tesla...
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

Yeah sorry about that. Sleep deprivation, hunger, and having 5 days of work blow up at once seems to be bad.

I got it working in ~10 minutes because I knew what to do.

I set up the folders for the extractor like this:

D:\srcds\orangebox\cstrike
D:\srcds\orangebox\episodic
D:\srcds\orangebox\ep2
D:\srcds\orangebox\lostcoast

but the extractor still doesn't do anything. Does it have to be in the orangebox directory as well? I'll put it in there and try again.

Yeah that didn't work. I'm nmot sure why.

It worked fine actually. After testing it changes levels and no one has any errors other than the usual ones.
Last edited by Lucky9Two on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

If you're interested and still online while I'm still streaming: http://www.own3d.tv/neico just join the chat on the right and write in my Name so that I know you're there
I'll show you how it works then...
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

Neico wrote:If you're interested and still online while I'm still streaming: http://www.own3d.tv/neico just join the chat on the right and write in my Name so that I know you're there
I'll show you how it works then...
Didn't see that until just now so I missed it. Either way it's working & all the content was mounted successfully after I extracted them like Tesla said (by putting them in their respective OBox folders).

It's had a bunch of people on over the last couple hours. I've gotten SourceMod setup, the advanced config that was posted for oc_lobby works, and all seems to be going well.

I took your advice about backing up the working OC directory before I mess it up again, because that's very likely to happen.

Thanks for the help everyone! It may have taken some time but I finally understand it.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"