Want info about some OC Hammer entities

Discuss Certain Aspects of Mapping, Modeling, and Coding.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Want info about some OC Hammer entities

Post by MaestraFénix »

So well, there are some entities in the "OC SDK" in Hammer, that i dont know what is their use, or how must be set to work:
  • npc_launcher: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Npc_launcher Apparently is the "prototype" version of the Func tankapcrocket. I tried use it, but i cant make it work. In fact, there is an old thread here (http://obsidianconflict.net/forums/view ... 6&start=15) where looks like it worked before. It continues working? what i have to do to get it work?
  • Vehicle helicopter: Only appears in the wiki. Is an old entity?
  • env_terrainmorph: I know what it is and how it works, the answer is, is fixed (the collision hull is updated)?
  • game_counter and game_counter_set: It counts, but, how i use it?, or for what is used?
  • npc_missiledefense: The main problem is that the model of this entity only exist in the beta. Since i cant access the models of the leak (for the moment, since the only way is using DXRipper, something that i dont want use it), can the developers "try" tell us how it should be (names of the bones, animations...)?. And if this still working.
  • point_weapon_eater: I dont get it, is like player_weaponstrip?
  • weapon_hopwire: (in wiki)It was removed from the mod because it crashed the mod when it touched the skybox. There are plans to get it back?
  • npc_defender: As i tested, is only a scanner that fires AR2. Is only that? there will be more options to customize it?
And i think that is all, because the rest comes from HL:S, CSS, EP1 and EP2.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Re: Want info about some OC Hammer entities

Post by Gary »

Maestro Fénix wrote: [*]env_terrainmorph: I know what it is and how it works, the answer is, is fixed (the collision hull is updated)?
I believe the engine calls the entity used are no longer in use(missing from the closed source engine/.exe). Those with the beta code could find out how it was done.

Maestro Fénix wrote: [*]npc_missiledefense: The main problem is that the model of this entity only exist in the beta. Since i cant access the models of the leak (for the moment, since the only way is using DXRipper, something that i dont want use it), can the developers "try" tell us how it should be (names of the bones, animations...)?. And if this still working.
I would like this to work as well. In theory, there are other ways of making turrets shoot down rockets.

Here is the bonelist of missile_defense.mdl from the beta:
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Want info about some OC Hammer entities

Post by MaestraFénix »

So well, i took a decision about this:

Vehicle helicopter will be deleted from the wiki.

Weapon_hopwire will be expanded, although enhancing the fact that is removed (will it back one day?).

Npc_defender will be expanded. I´ll try to put in their wiki page all the info that i can get.

point_weapon_eater, game_counter and game_counter_set will be recieve more info, but only from the Hammer help, since i dont know how it works.

Investigations about npc_launcher and npc_missiledefense are on the way.

Also, since i dont know how to create new "signs" in the wiki, i´ll upload "images" to indicate from what game comes each entity (HL:S, CSS, EP1, etc...).
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos