Non-Valve Models Pack Thread

Obsidian Conflict Playermodels go here.
lwhyl Infiltrator
HURHP DURHP!!!!
HURHP DURHP!!!!

Post by lwhyl Infiltrator »

:D sonics back :D :D :D :D :D I cant wait 4 fallout models!!!
Why...
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

lol ive been back awhile check the obsidian conflict servers for me im usually on during th elate evening UK time =) (GMT) i normally play on kayfox server or dark conflicts server although sometimes i choose randomly and go for the one with the most players :D hehe

and yeah ive just found some very nice models and me and link have been discussing animation hes been giving me advice on models etc, not just the basic conversions but actually turning a ragdoll into a usable player model such as Link from zelda games :P
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
Miss Eleksin
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Miss Eleksin »

If you manage to rig a Link player model I will..... I dunno what I would do but thank you profusely. I've seen Zelda with a gun, now I want to see Link!
Image Image Image <--- Click them for music :3
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

I already call dibs on the Link player model if Sonic and I can get it working. :twisted:
Image Image
Sonic
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Sonic »

hehe it would be pretty awesome, also i just found a new model for sonic rather than the current sonic player model which is a rip from sonic heroes, hopefully i will be able to do something with the sonic model which is a rip from the game Super smash bros brawl, it has been done before as i have the dr.robotonik (eggman) npc/playermodel.
plus sonic is a little bigger and well has better materials.
Image>>>>>Image<<<<<
Linkmister
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Linkmister »

Let's hope that transitions well to 3ds Max.
Image Image
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

You should also make Dark/Shadow/Eeeevil/Whateveryouwanttocallhim Link.You know,that one that you fight in OOT who appears in alot of other LOZ games?Maybe you could also make different colored links,like in Four Swords and all that.
Miss Eleksin
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Miss Eleksin »

Well I understand a shadow Link being wanted, but it will get redundant if all the colored tunic Links are made. Unless it was the ones in TP where Zora armor and Magic armor take on completely different appearances. Those were epic.
Image Image Image <--- Click them for music :3
killkill85
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)
Fatal Error (IQ = -10)

Post by killkill85 »

Actually,you're right,all the colored tunics would be kinda annoying.I would like it if at least the blue one was in.However,would it be possible to make Toon Link?(not that I want him in game at all,I just think someone else would).He'd be waaay out of proportion though,like the Mario and Luigi models.(luigi's hands are so big you can't even see the pistol when he holds one :lol: )Also,I never played TP much(I can't now anyway,I gave my wii to my cousins) so I don't know what the Zora armor and all that looks like(too lazy to google it) but I'm sure it would be col anyways.

Off-topic:Where is the general games discussion section?I can't find it,if there is one at all.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but I looked in the info.txt of this pack and it's completely empty.
I'm gonna re-download.
EDIT: I feel stupid about this post. I didn't realize how old this thread was.
Plus, I'm using the obsidianconflict.net mirror now, which is probably the same one I used like a week ago.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Uhm.. the info.txt is supposed to be empty.. ._.

It also doesn't even matter how old this thread is, it's stickied.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

in fact does the addon code only check if such a file exists, and therefore the file is empty, and to keep it comabtible with future plans that might need to parse the files content, sot it's just for combatibility currently
Gary
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Gary »

Pretty sure the info.txt is just to identify the folder and it's contents as an addon.
RocketRunner
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by RocketRunner »

Oh darn.
I feel even more stupid now, especially since I simply copy-pasted the contents.
I need to keep up with the mod.
I usually run from rockets.
Pretty straightforward.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Indeed you do. Although I guess I should've explained all of that in the OP but I didn't think about it because I automatically assumed everyone knew how the GMod addon system worked. :V