Problems compiling HDR

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Problems compiling HDR

Post by Hickadam »

Alrighty, I'm so VERY close to releasing the first two oc_cannon maps, it would figure that I should carry on the tradition of running into problems.

When I go to compile, I select Normal, Normal and Normal, and check the HDR box.

It does a good final lighting pass, but no HDR pass.

So then I go into expert mode, and make sure -final and -both are included in the path to vrad.exe.

I run it again, and after 45 minutes, it's finished, and only done ONE lighting pass. So no HDR.

However, when I go into "simple" mode, and choose to do HDR in a "fast" compile, it does both passes and finishes and HDR is enabled.

So, anybody else have anything like this happen to them? I've been using "fast" for a while now, so I can't be sure when it started doing this.

Worst case scenerio I'll release it with the chunky lighting, because the HDR makes it look way better.

EDIT:Ah, well I did find this error at the bottom whenever It tries to run the HDR phase:

EnumerateApp( 211 ) failed: SteamEnumerateApp(211,0x15afd0c,0x15afd54) failed with error 1: The registry is in use by another process, timeout expired
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

Alright, never mind :P

Sometimes a restart of your computer can fix all kinds of problems, including this one.

Case closed...
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

lol
YAY OC_CANNON COMING SOON!
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Don't even think of quitting this map! Your life won't be worth it! I'll hunt you!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database