Any chance of getting it?

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
The one free-man
Vertex
Vertex

Any chance of getting it?

Post by The one free-man »

well ive been playing obsidian for quite a long time, and i personally think its the best hl2 out tharr! ( :D )
my favourite map is OC_harvest at the moment, so, naturally, i was wondering if i could possibly get the vmf of it somehow?
im not really sure where to find the original creator is, but i would ask him personally if i could find him and get a decent amount of red carpet. :?
i would only really use it for reference, and would never upload the new bsp + kewl snipah tower in the middle!
my email IS here, so if i step out of line a tiny little bit, you can tranquilise me and throw me head first into a giant industrial wood chipper of some description :o
thanks for any help :D
I takes 42 muscles to frown
but only 3 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle
and im a lazy man!

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Tricky this one,

I can't speak for the mapper, though I know we have already oc_paysan that was 'spawned' from harvest. I'm not sure if the mapper wants a thousand clones. As it happens oc_paysan is a very good map, but end of the day oc_harvest is the original (and the toughest).

All I can say is perhaps try sell your idea here, on the forums or in private to the original author. Who incidentally is Tysn (look in harvest by big tree at farm;)

Or if you really want figure it out, I can probably point you in the right direction by saying (guessing) most of the stuff in harvest are on a point_template/s system (some quite complex). Though its not hard to create this is you know what your doing.
The rest of the stuff is used with logic_merchant relay and npc_merchant both serve their own purposes.

If you can get the hang of that then your on the road to your own resource style map.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
The one free-man
Vertex
Vertex

Post by The one free-man »

thanks, ill try practising some triggers and stuff :D
i was just thinking though, i need the vmf in order to mappadd it, so that i can add things for my mini lan server
thanks for the help
I takes 42 muscles to frown
but only 3 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle
and im a lazy man!