Obsidian Conflict Mapping Guide and Prefabs [new]

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Not really, point_view_control is the one you want.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Suppercut
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Suppercut »

Okay, but I suggest doing a tutorial of that and also scripted_sequences.

And my last stand map is turning out awesome-looking so far. Using scripted_sequences, I was able to get a Combine soldier to move near the main door of the fort you defend, halt his squad, walk up, plant a bomb on the door, back up and yell "Cover!!", then the door explodes and he assaults the fort. Of course, this was only tested out in Half-Life 2. Do you think the same results would be given in OC?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re:

Post by MaestraFénix »

Suppercut wrote:Okay, but I suggest doing a tutorial of that and also scripted_sequences.

And my last stand map is turning out awesome-looking so far. Using scripted_sequences, I was able to get a Combine soldier to move near the main door of the fort you defend, halt his squad, walk up, plant a bomb on the door, back up and yell "Cover!!", then the door explodes and he assaults the fort. Of course, this was only tested out in Half-Life 2. Do you think the same results would be given in OC?
Yes, it should be.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Obsidian Conflict Mapping Guide and Prefabs [new]

Post by Lucky9Two »

Is there any chance we could see how lobby works? I want to make my own hub map, and I know you can because one of the other servers runs a custom map (map_select_160).

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Obsidian Conflict Mapping Guide and Prefabs [new]

Post by MaestraFénix »

I have the intention on expand this guide. I will do an advanced prefab about the scripted weapons, but also, I want to add more stuff that looks obvious to a normal mapper but not for a rookie. This is the moment to request all those doubts that you have.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos