Testing For oc_holdthefort Gameplay Elements

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Testing For oc_holdthefort Gameplay Elements

Post by shiftey »

Due to lack of participants in the beta forums I'm opening up testing to anybody. I have a lot of gameplay elements to test for my map oc_holdthefort. I already conducted a test of the dropship system. In the future I'll be testing other gameplay elements from my map. I'll keep this thread updated.

All testing will be hosted on the YaS Development Server. Thanks Neico.

=October 11th 2009=
Test 1 - Dropship:
- Lots of problems due to me accidentally adding mounted content. Fixed that.
- Tele-fragging problem is fixed in 1.4 I believe. That was a big problem during the test.
- env_fade is missing a flag which made for shitty transitions from inside to outside of the dropship.
- Everything else went the way I planned. My fail-safe system worked perfectly which made me happy.
- Once Neico fixes the fade problem I'll do another dropship test.
I have successfully finished a working beta stage of my combine dropship player transport. Up to four players can enter, the door closes, and then the dropship moves to its destination, the door opens and they exit. Players outside of the dropship will see the other players come out of it as well as into it.

All of my testing so far has been with Dr. Kleiner, and he is only so much of assistance. I need at least 4 people to help me test this design before I can place it in my map.

3 + me to ride the dropship, one to observe from the take off area and one to observe from the destination area.

If you want to help, post whether or not you can host the map and when you can test.

*Everything is Hammer based. No other files needed besides the map and 3 textures. No mounts necessary. Credit goes to tundra_cool for his brush based dropship.
Last edited by shiftey on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Can test, can't host. though I'm probably not available till sunday.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Ny
Phone Donator
Phone Donator

Post by Ny »

I'm available to test too from Saturday onwards
:nyoron:
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I need a few more testers for tomorrow. Anybody that can help please post what times you can. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.
[FTA]c0m4ndo45
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by [FTA]c0m4ndo45 »

You can add me on steam (c0m4ndo45) and shout whenever ur going to do the test. I'll come if i'm around.
<Proud to be a gamer>

Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

Same, can test, can't host. I can today and also tomorrow.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

just ad me on steam and call me wen you need me. the steam name is lancelot albion.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I'll be testing in about an hour from now on one of Neico's servers. If you're interested and I haven't already messaged you on Steam please feel free to message me.
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

DOWNLOAD: =REMOVED=

Look for a server with me, neico, commando, and ny in it.
Last edited by shiftey on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

Edit:Nvm I need to fix my clock in the forum
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I'm going to be testing my capture the flag system later today on the YaS Dev Server. If I'm not mistaken, Neico's server will download all of the necassary files for you when you connect. Unlike last test, I made certain that no mounts are needed. Hopefully me and Blues won't crash every 5 seconds. :)

I estimate it should start at 630 as long as Neico helps me with my ftp access rights.

First post updated.

This thread is now for organizing testing for oc_holdthefort. Anybody is welcome to help. Just check this thread for times, files, and other important information.

Test 1 - Dropship:
- Lots of problems due to me accidentally adding mounted content. Fixed that.
- Tele-fragging problem is fixed in 1.4 I believe. That was a big problem during the test.
- env_fade is missing a flag which made for shitty transitions from inside to outside of the dropship.
- Everything else went the way I planned. My fail-safe system worked perfectly which made me happy.
- Once Neico fixes the fade problem I'll do another dropship test.