APC and game_end

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Losvaize
Vertex
Vertex

APC and game_end

Post by Losvaize »

Hello all.

1. I would like to modify two default values of an APC that fires missiles and bullets. Values are the custom name and the health. In hammer, you can easily mod both on apc_vehicle_driver, since the APC itself counts not as an npc but as a prop. But in game, health of the apc will be the same as always (6 rpg shots) and custom name will not appear, even if you point to the place where the npc_apc_driver should be if it wasn't invisible. Is there any way to do this modification?

2. If I place a game_end triggered by some event, it will send players to the scores screen, and then a new map will cycle. I want them to "leave the server", that is, return to their default OC screens or start the map again (better this second option). Is there any way of doing this?
Trigger_autosave is not an option (even if it works in multiplayer, which I don't know) since I would have to place a gigantic trigger hurt all over the map to kill the players when mission has failed, and I suck a lot with trigger_changelevel (hl2 never finds a connection between both maps). Is there a way to return map to initial status or avoiding a new random map to start when first has finished?

Thank you a lot.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

If your map is going to get released on the forums, you shouldn't do that since no server admin would like their players getting dropped after your map or be stuck on it forever.

But if that's not the case: use point_servercommand and the input "command" and parameter override "changelevel yourmapname".

And yeah the APC is just a vehicle being driven by an invisible, non-solid NPC. Making it show up on the HUD would be a good idea, we may look into that.
And you should be able to give it more health with the sk_apc_health cvar.
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

The second point is a bad idea.