Combine die on sight of an object

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Combine die on sight of an object

Post by Jack5500 »

hey Community,
I want a combine soldier to die, when he sees a certain Entity. The situation that should be triggered by that should be mroe complex but that isn't the problem.My Problem for now is that I can't find a way, to fire any output when a Combine Sodlier finds/sees a certain object. Can you help me?

Regards, Jack
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Combine die on sight of an object

Post by fug4life »

Do you want the player to see the combine die when the combine sees this entity?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Jack5500 »

When the combine sees this entity
Andrax17
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Andrax17 »

we know that...but fug asked you if the death is something that players will see...
Jack5500
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Jack5500 »

The death is jsut an example trigger.In reality a few triggers will be triggered when the cop sees the entity
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

still didnt really explain yourself very well. All I can say is if you want the players to see the death then you'd need to trigger_hurt the npc (assuming you dont want this enemy shot). Youd probably need and info_target or npc_bullseye or npc_enemy finder and AI relationships so the combine knows it has spotted an enemy, then the Onfoundenemy can be used to trigger the hurt or simply just kill the entity if players arn't watching. You could try using set health or damage commands on an npc which might kill it, but I've always had issues with those commands, nearly always end up using a trigger to add/take health.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Zebra
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Zebra »

So what you are saying is that the death in itself is irrelevant (due to the death being just an example), but just the triggering method of when an NPC sees an object?

I know that theres entities that can trigger something if a player sees it, but I'm not sure if that applies the same for NPCs. Also, I'm not entirely positive if that is in stock source games, as I've only noticed it used in Nightmare House 2, so that may have been a custom entity.
SkyNinja
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SkyNinja »

Zebra wrote:I know that theres entities that can trigger something if a player sees it, but I'm not sure if that applies the same for NPCs. Also, I'm not entirely positive if that is in stock source games, as I've only noticed it used in Nightmare House 2, so that may have been a custom entity.
I think it's a stock entity, but what I KNOW is that it's not compatible with multiplayer gameplay.