Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Reply

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: Post here your problems/questions with hammer. Post & Re

Post by MaestraFénix »

So today I was experimenting again with func_tanks. Aside that the Combine Heavy Gun ammo type for func_tank resembles the normal SMG ammo (at least I didn´t find another difference), we have the mysterious func_tank_combine_cannon, only on Obsidian Conflict. I´m unable to get it work, since in game it only appears as a blue sprite laser, that doesn´t hurt.

Someone who has access to the code could tell me what it does, and if is broken/unfinished? I would like to add it to the wiki.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... r#Keywords

Unless is not valid for the bots, if I use the input to a func_tank with the SetTargetEntityName player, it will only fire to me, and if I use !player, MAYBE it will fire agaisnt another "player".

Someone knows why this happens?

Tried this: http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewto ... er#p401787
Create an "npc_enemyfinder", name it "turret_ai".
Create you brush and make it a "func_tanklaser", name it "turret_tank".
Goto your "npc_enemyfinder" and make it fire an output:
On my output: "OnFoundEnemy"
Targets Entities named: "turret_tank"
Via this Input: SetTargetEntity

Now create an "ai_relationship" and make it's subject "turret_ai" and target "!player".
Sadly it does the same result as player. Please don´t tell me that this is also bugged on OC...

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Maestro Fénix wrote:Sadly it does the same result as player. Please don´t tell me that this is also bugged on OC...
It´s bugged. It happens both with bots and players. I just reported this on the bugtracker. Until this gets fixed, avoid using autonomous turrets that fire agaisn´t the players.

:C

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

They worked fine for me, you need to re apply the relationships every time a new player joins.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Shana wrote:They worked fine for me, you need to re apply the relationships every time a new player joins.
I´m starting to dislike that I have to do that thing for everything. We couldn´t apply it only once, like happens on the rest of games?

Also if this work it will mean that we have more things to stuff at the mapadds.

EDIT: "Works"...

...If you use the ai_relationship + npc_enemyfinder combo. It will shoot first one player and when it kills it /goes outside of their range, it will shoot the closest one. It doesn´t shoot to multiple targets.

Putting in the ai_relationship the name of the func_tank works too, but is buggy, since sometimes doesn't work even if you respawn.

Fact: Having multiple func_tanks will make them aim to the same target.

Anyway, the reported bug will be not closed, since this needs to be fixed.

ECLWheatley
Vertex
Vertex

Post by ECLWheatley »

Hoping anyone here could help me with a problem that keep hitting my back for awhile I have problems with my 3D skybox it appears to start making the skybox texture flicking and flashing white badly and I have no idea what to do with that problem I tried basically everything added Cube maps,env_light,Putting it at 0.0.0 area etc...

Also this is the settings I put at the sky_cam entitle

I been trying to fix it for days and I never got any progress I hope anyone could give me an answer for this problem?
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

You might have a leak in the map possibly.

Also where did you put the sky_camera? Inside the playable area or inside a closed off little box of its own (outside the playable area)?

Edit: might as well ask this, ATI or Nvidia gfx card?
ECLWheatley
Vertex
Vertex

Post by ECLWheatley »

I searched there isn't A leak on the map and the sky_camera is outside of the playable area in it's own box and Yes I use ATi
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Maestro Fénix wrote:So today I was experimenting again with func_tanks. Aside that the Combine Heavy Gun ammo type for func_tank resembles the normal SMG ammo (at least I didn´t find another difference), we have the mysterious func_tank_combine_cannon, only on Obsidian Conflict. I´m unable to get it work, since in game it only appears as a blue sprite laser, that doesn´t hurt.

Someone who has access to the code could tell me what it does, and if is broken/unfinished? I would like to add it to the wiki.
Is functional. It took me a while, but it works. Now that I have the info, I'll add it to the wiki. What is interesting is that the entity really exists outside the mod, is just their information is scarce (it would be down that page the days I searched about it?? Who knows).

Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

ECLWheatley wrote:Yes I use ATi
There is the problem (most of the time), some people get that too when they load in a map for the first time, you could change it to a different map (any) and swap back to fix the problem (unless this was already addressed and I didn't know it)
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

I'm helping him with this, and even with the ATI fix enabled, he still having that bug.

It must be something stupid like always happens on those cases, but considering he is doing the gameplay first, I told him to get rid of the 3D Skybox for the moment. Probably I'll end looking on their VMF.

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

Alright, expert OC mappers, answer me this question:

Is possible to select a skill level (you know, the difficulty) in game? What's their command?

It would be problems with some server scripts that select it depending of the number of players?

TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Just that - skill with a value from 1 to 3, in ascending order. The last I checked, changes take effect immediately. And yes, servers which adjust it dynamically with respect to player counts will override any value that the map has set. Save for using a logic_timer to repeatedly set the value back (please don't do this - it's fugly), there's no way for a mapper to force its value.
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

TESLA-X4 wrote:Just that - skill with a value from 1 to 3, in ascending order. The last I checked, changes take effect immediately. And yes, servers which adjust it dynamically with respect to player counts will override any value that the map has set. Save for using a logic_timer to repeatedly set the value back (please don't do this - it's fugly), there's no way for a mapper to force its value.
This would screw the gameplay of a map if a hard difficulty is chosen and later the players leave (or just directly avoiding that two players play on hard/a team playing on easy).

Doesn't matter what I think, there is always something that makes it complex/impossible/hard. It takes forever to do something right. :toilet:

MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Post by MaestraFénix »

It's again me.

This time, is about the flag "Start Constrained" that has the weapon_ and item_ entities. This flag, if you check it, it will make the model don't move. And this is where I have doubts:

Since it's called "Start", it means it only affects once, and after pick it, when it respawns, it has now physics, or is forever? I'm asking this because maybe I found a bug. With that flag checked, on the weapon_ entities, it keeps having their physics disabled, but with the item_ ones, it only affects once.