scenes.image gets overwritten breaking entire mod! HELP!

Need Help? The Day isnt going so well on the Mapping front?
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

scenes.image gets overwritten breaking entire mod! HELP!

Post by raidensnake »

How can I avoid this altogether? I have a custom vcd script I want to add but every time I save it the entire scenes.image file gets overwritten and messes up the entire mod! it goes from about 2.4MB to 9k. it's really annoying me.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Re: scenes.image gets overwritten breaking entire mod! HELP!

Post by TESLA-X4 »

Already addressed in the next version, but you will have a far more elegant solution (as opposed to extracting them from the GCFs and recompiling scenes.image) very soon.

Edit:
If you're still scratching your head over what I mean, take a glance at the game description of the official OC server for a big hint spoiler. :P
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

well when I don't save it and oc doesn't have a clue what to do.
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

I'm not at home atm, so I can't send it to you. But considering you have a client install and a server install, surely you could copy it from the other install? Or have you lost both..?
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.
raidensnake
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by raidensnake »

I made sure to backup the original scenes.image first but as I said before if I try and save a vcd I wrote it overwrites the whole main file and I have to restore it. when I just save the vcd file as it is the script doesn't run at all since it doesn't know what to do as the data needed needs to be written to the scenes.image file for it to render at all. That's the main pro9blem.

edit: nvm sorted it out thanks to w0rf0x.