Custom Faceposer Sounds?

Need help Modeling Props and Physical Objects for your Maps.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Custom Faceposer Sounds?

Post by DaMaN »

EDIT: After much thought, I decided to put this into the modeling forum, as it is all about models 'n stuff. (And the modeling help forum looked empty :) )

Hey all, I'm having a very slight but annoying problem with faceposer. :(

I've read Hickadam's tutorial and the Moddb tutorial. However, I'm missing a very important part - I can't seem to get my wav files into a Speak event. I've opened the wav in the phonome editor, extracted it, played it (with the actor lip synching the wav), but when I go to add a Speak event, the sound doesn't show up at all!

I thought it was something to do with a script file, but I added a script file (mapname_soundscripts.txt) and it still can't see the sound in the Speak event.

"sdk_faceposer.facetest"
{
"channel" "CHAN_VOICE"
"volume" "0.80000"
"pitch" "PITCH_NORM"

"soundlevel" "SNDLVL_NORM"

"wave" "maps/testmap/facetest.wav"
}

Oh, and I am aware that it is entirely likely that all my scenes will screw up and they won't work on the map and everything will be messed up etc. but I feel the need to try anyways ;)

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

-DaMaN

P.S. I've successfully made several faceposer scenes, but all with valve sounds. This is just screwing up for non-valve sounds.
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

Face-poser is the only domain where I fail at knowing everything, sorry.

You may find some useful information here.
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Fire_cube wrote:Face-poser is the only domain where I fail at knowing everything, sorry.
Wait, you mean there are domains where you know things? ;) (jk)
You may find some useful information here.
Yea, I went through almost every single page on the wiki regarding faceposer, choreography, etc., but can't seem to find anything regarding custom sounds other than "load it into Faceposer". Though I did find a lot of other useful information...
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
SkyNinja
Polygon
Polygon

Post by SkyNinja »

Ah, luckily for you, I learned this just this morning. If you're doing it for your own mod, you'd want to edit those scripts. I forgot how to do it via the scripts. :P Anyway, you can put the sound into the scene without doing that with the scripts. When you choose to add a new WAV file, completely ignore the box listing all the sounds. Type the path to the speech sound file in the "Sound" box, the \obsidian\sounds\ folder acting as the root. For instance, if your sound is located at "\obsidian\sounds\speech\hello.wav" you'd put "speech\hello.wav" in the box.
EDIT: OH CRAP, 2 YEAR BUMP! Crap, sorry, not many posts in this forum, didn't notice the "2007" part.