Problem with rigging (changes on the mesh wont export)

Need help Modeling Props and Physical Objects for your Maps.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Problem with rigging (changes on the mesh wont export)

Post by Shana »

Ok, im currently learning how to rig models from scratch, working good so far, except the changes on the mesh wont export, the model was imported from gta: sa, so i had to scale it up a bit to let it fit the skeleton, as seen here:

now when i export it as smd and compile it, the mesh will have its initial size again (the one it had after exporting it from gta: sa)

now this messes the playermodel up a lot, at least i think thats the reason why it looks like this:

even when i compile it as a static prop only its still too small, so for some reason my xsi keeps exporting the old, unscaled mesh.

Any help would be appreciated, and just so you know: im still a bit unfamiliar with xsi, im currently trying to get into it.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

GET DOWN, sorry but that picture was way too epic xD

this proves my tought about what happend with those models in the video xD
Makrontt le nécron
npc_citizen
npc_citizen

Post by Makrontt le nécron »

I get the opposite problem with XSI: whatever I did the mesh was exported but the skeleton was just deleted.
I'm back baby!
Blues
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Blues »

Did you do 'Freeze all transforms' after scaling it up?
Image Image Image

Excuse me for being rude. I'm usually drunk while posting.
Supahchikin
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Supahchikin »

W0rf0x have you been tilting the computer while testing this?
Last edited by Supahchikin on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

[YaS]Cyan wrote:For those who are unfamiliar with the Get Down fad:

I remember that. lol
shiftey
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by shiftey »

I'm unfamiliar with XSI, doing all of my work in 3dsmax. But certain modifications don't pass to source very well. In 3dsmax, filters/transformations on the right must be "Collapsed" to form one solid mesh in order to get them into source or any other game engine for that matter.

So I would suggest looking for an option that will turn all of your mesh into one single complete mesh before exporting. As Blues said, Freeze All Transformations looks like it will do the trick.

Also, I hate when people post a question and most of the responses are useless crap. So please, if somebody is posting a serious question and you don't have knowledge of how to solve it, please shut the frak up and post elsewhere. (I'm not talking to you Neico, for I do not wish to be banned)
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Blues wrote:Did you do 'Freeze all transforms' after scaling it up?
Well, i did do "freeze", but forgot about "Freeze all transforms" because that option is more hidden than the freeze button, so thanks for pointing that out, it fixed the mesh problem, but theres another problem, the leg bones are messed up for some reason, check this pic:

The rest is working like it should (though it isnt weightmapped properly yet, will do that when i got rid of all my problems.)

And Shiftey is right, if anyone manages to derail this thread, it will be rewarded with a perma ban.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Thanks to Boroko, i can now officially rig models as playermodels from scratch :P

If anyone wants to know how i fixed the bone problem, read this Thread.

And heres a funny picture to show you it works, wont look like this when im done with the weight map of course :P