oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Cosmosis
Donator
Donator

Post by Cosmosis »

-=jerC=- wrote:1.Since you can only get on oilrig ladder with use key,you CANT get up with a battery on oilrig without a boat..
Or just a simple floor platform
-=jerC=- wrote: 2.Sometimes,the spawn is bugged and you stay in a dark place...
Never seen that, odd. O.o
-=jerC=- wrote: 3.How is everything supposed to fit in?
If it's anything like it was before, they are supposed to disappear one by one as you put them in. Seems it's broken.
Been playing OC with friends since launch when you were lucky to be able to play 30 minutes between crashes.

Have exhausted nearly 98% of the maps multiple times over the years and I thought it's time I should actually post on the forums instead of just leech.

Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

-=jerC=- wrote:1.Since you can only get on oilrig ladder with use key,you CANT get up with a battery on oilrig without a boat..
You can if you use the grav gun to hold it and E to climb the ladder
-=jerC=- wrote: 2.Sometimes,the spawn is bugged and you stay in a dark place...
-=jerC=- wrote: 3.How is everything supposed to fit in?
Eeeeep. Can't see why these two would ever happen unless someone messed around with ent_fire, what server was this?
Cosmosis
Donator
Donator

Post by Cosmosis »

Oh also. Duh. You can put the batteries in your inventory, that makes it really simple. I think most people including myself forget about that >_<
Been playing OC with friends since launch when you were lucky to be able to play 30 minutes between crashes.

Have exhausted nearly 98% of the maps multiple times over the years and I thought it's time I should actually post on the forums instead of just leech.

JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

oh yea,forget about 1 and 3...

Oh,and Neico tend to crash servers very often..
Cosmosis
Donator
Donator

Post by Cosmosis »

This happened to us as well. Also the constant sounds of him trying to kill all the sharks gets really obnoxious @_@

Also we encountered a very odd problem involving the boat (YAY!). I bought a big boat and was using it for a while before letting someone else use it. So i was off doing my own thing in the tunnels and then all of a sudden I'm back in the boat. Turns out, every time the new guy would try to get in now, it would put me in it instead. Also, later on someone got stuck in their speedboat and could not get out, it wasn't the old kind of getting stuck, it was where literally he was stuck in the pod.

Another suggestion if it's worth anything, possibly on the other end of the mining tunnel being a large underwater cavern of some sort. Don't know what all you'd want to put in it, but just some sort of destination down there other than the crystal mining would be nice.

Sidenote, teleporting back from the moon and landing on land is painful D:

Keep up the fantastic work!

Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

Cosmosis wrote:Turns out, every time the new guy would try to get in now, it would put me in it instead. Also, later on someone got stuck in their speedboat and could not get out, it wasn't the old kind of getting stuck, it was where literally he was stuck in the pod.
AAAAAARGH. I hate these pods so much, always finding new ways to screw up. How can something so simple break in so many ways :cry: .
Cosmosis wrote:Another suggestion if it's worth anything, possibly on the other end of the mining tunnel being a large underwater cavern of some sort. Don't know what all you'd want to put in it, but just some sort of destination down there other than the crystal mining would be nice.
Yeah, been thinking of expanding that place for a while, stuff i tried to put there just didn't feel right for some reason.
Cosmosis wrote: Sidenote, teleporting back from the moon and landing on land is painful D:
Muahahahahah. I made it do that so that it's more than just carrying stuff through a teleporter and selling it, although it might be a bit extreme :P. Also it makes room for another megaproject - build a ramp up there and enclose the warp point so stuff doesn't go flying :D.
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

I don't know what do you guys think about the loot now. Personally, I've found that now there are a lot of gems and golds all over the map.

I've seen some areas with loads of red and blue gems, 5 golds and 3 diamonds, all in the same place. Post your opinions about it please. Do you think that the frequency is ok?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

If the ichys are about then i still like the freq. tbh still getting them out of the water even to a loot crate is a bit of work.

imo its fine.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Chrono_Strife
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Chrono_Strife »

I haven't had a chance to try v7 yet. Though I'll see if I can soon. I did notice this though:
-rod now has model, and I have found a way to fit more catchables into the rod (I dont have any other models though)
I'm not entirely sure what you are going for with new catchables. If you want only more rare and expensive fish, or some type of moon fish. But if you want to keep it simple using already existing models.

You could use the boot model as a cliche joke "fish". Selling very cheap.
Simple texturing over a crate could make a fishable Box 10 pairs of Boots.

Also I'm not sure if it is possible to do this within the actual source engine. But there's always cheaping out and having Baby Sharks, just scaled down versions of the Icthy's. Selling more than the other fish.

That's of course if you want to cheap out a bit, or don't mind using cliche fishing jokes. =)

Love watch your doing with the map, and love what you've got so far. This is coming from someone who hates farming style maps. You added a whole lot of things to keep it interesting.

I'll go check v7 out asap.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Trigger volumes with killer leeches that randomly activate from time to time could be erm use din some way? Or even a trigger volume on a path track i.e a school of killer leeches moving about in the water.

Also like the boot idea suggetsed above!
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
cartman-2000
Polygon
Polygon

Post by cartman-2000 »

The pods in the boats are quite bad in this release, got stuck in them many times, so did a few other people. Would it be possible to use chairs in the boats instead?
IronGun
Donator
Donator

Post by IronGun »

-Spawning bug causes player to spawn in a small black room and stuck there
-Boxes, Refinery stop working
-The big boat can flip if a rod is on it
-The über harvester can glitch (uncontrollable flying) if it picks up a barrel or hook
-The banking system is quite annoying (you put money on it and other players steal it maybe you should try to find another way to save money)
-You stuck in the pod if you drive a boat (sometimes)
-Sometimes when a players tries to get into a harvester or boat a random player gets teleported into the pod.
-Unstable cargo is very difficult to transport (should be more worth)
-No vehicle spam protection (one time there were 7 harvesters on the complete map used and not used)
Beanbrains
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Beanbrains »

IronGun wrote:-Spawning bug causes player to spawn in a small black room and stuck there Does moving around in that room or suicide fix that? I really can't see why this would happen as the black room is full of teleport triggers
-Boxes, Refinery stop working No idea why this would happen, unless you mean putting boxes in a portable refinery which won't work
-The big boat can flip if a rod is on it Source physics, woo.
-The über harvester can glitch (uncontrollable flying) if it picks up a barrel or hook More source physics, woo...
-The banking system is quite annoying (you put money on it and other players steal it maybe you should try to find another way to save money)The only way I can stop people stealing from a bank is to remove all the withdraw buttons, which would make it pointless, or if people grew up, which will never happen.
-You stuck in the pod if you drive a boat (sometimes) I know, fixed this several times but it always finds another way to break
-Sometimes when a players tries to get into a harvester or boat a random player gets teleported into the pod. No idea why this is happening, all of the stuff that handles the UI and seat are set to only mess with the activator...
-Unstable cargo is very difficult to transport (should be more worth)Try moving slowly, and don't overload the boat with it (if you are using speedboat, only move one at a time)
-No vehicle spam protection (one time there were 7 harvesters on the complete map used and not used)I thought the cost was enough to deter people from spamming, why the heck would anyone spend 3000 points when there are plenty of harvesters sitting around?
Bold = response.

Getting really frustrated with all the obscure bugs - most of these problems didn't exist in the previous version even though i havn't changed them at all since then.
warbrand2
Polygon
Polygon

Post by warbrand2 »

this map doesn't like me when ever I join it my game and steam just close out with out warning.
I think that's all I do and some times/a lot of the time that gets me into trouble.
JerC
Donator
Donator

Post by JerC »

IronGun wrote: -Sometimes when a players tries to get into a harvester or boat a random player gets teleported into the pod.
I also noticed that its not a random player,its the player that obught the boat that get teleported to it.