oc_warmachine

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Remove CSS weapons?

Should they stay? Vote for yes!
70%
Or should they go? Vote for no!
30%

Total votes: 10

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I think I know how you got there, I saw a couple of others do this, I think you must have completed the top half of the map (fast zombies, zombine, grunts) got to the core upper level (big arena) then you went down a vent straight to rappeling combine and then big momma. This will not be possible in the update. In the current version it's a bad idea to go down that vent before the bottom half of the map has been done. to get their in the right order; when you open up the lab, which has the stalkers behind the glass, you can go through a vent on your right.

Don't worry too much, This will all be changed tonight or tomorrow and the new version will be out. I hope I don't inconvience too many! This is pretty much the last version, maybe I'll final it after it's been tested for a couple of weeks on the servers.
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

I love this map because you have more then one way to finish the map.
We need more make like this, that you can go anyway and have to do someing eles then last time.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Thats how I liked it, but really it wasn't very n00b friendly! so I had to make a couple of changes, it's a bit linear but I think it will still be ok. I've had to many situations where players, are having their own little battle elsewhere in the map while other players are in a completely different place. It's not very co-op.

Theres a few tricks the experienced player can still teach other players on the map. But I was aiming a bit too high. For instance I've now added ladders to the main arena for those who drop into the lower part and can't get back up easily. For those who didn't realise or didn't know you can gauss cannon jump like a crazy fool in that arena and get almost anywhere! (But I understand there is an art to it, and I by no means a master!)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Mr. You are going down!!!

I've updated the first post with a new version see the first post for the download link!!!

Version: oc_warmachine *UPDATED 24/05/07*
===============================================
The old outdated versions are:
oc_warmachine_v1
oc_warmachine_v1a
For a list of fixes, additions and changes see the bottom of the first post
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Damit, The map breifing screwed up a little. It's half there, was ok before.
I won't change it yet I'll let everyone test this, then maybe a final version next month or soo! Ignore the briefing for now it was just the story thats in this first post I'll fix later :) opppppsss
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well had a little go on Zteer's server although my ping's can be sometimes high depending on time of day! (I'm along way away from the server) All seemed ok!

Only problem I got was the map description the font and pakrat buggered it up, although will be fixed when I release the final version( I know I shouldn't of called this version just oc_warmachine, I'm learning the hard way) around the time same time as the mappacks.

Like I said I want to move on. oc_rein is around 70-80% complete which means its just around the corner! :D

I think I'm finally getting the co-op bug after years of denial. I didn't give sven co-op the play time it deserved. I'm quite pleased with the map I put alot of work and I started with little know how. before warmachine I was making a map for empires, but I wanted to go back to basics and learn. I'd actually been playing obsidian when it was first released. Although I was just an occasional player. I came back here thinking this would be a good place to learn, and I was right why bother learning to make a multiplayer map when the real mapping is with single player maps and all thats involved. My map really started as a two room map to learn hint brushes, I still don't fully understand them but I have a better understanding :D And from the moment I put the first npc combine in, that was it I hooked. The map really has finally ended up with all the elements I wanted to add. You will find so many Ideas from so many tutorials I've read in the map. I owe everything to them and all the helpful people on the forums. I'm pleased with the map IMO it's not bad for a first map! and I think it has it's own uniqueness about it.

So look out for the finalin the coming month, for now enjoy this version!!
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

good news, but... what's oc_rein?
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

My work in progress map oc_rein, Its the one I called stunstick arena before.

http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... php?t=1610

you know that one^^
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

fug4life wrote:My work in progress map oc_rein, Its the one I called stunstick arena before.

http://www.obsidianconflict.com/forums/ ... php?t=1610

you know that one^^
oh know i see, renamed huh?
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well it's been a month since I mentioned anything, I've sorta been juggling 5 maps at the moment, thinking I would be more productive, I wouldn't say it was a success but I've been busy!

So I'm pushing to wrap this map up!

The striders are a lot more difficult I changed a lot, and their cannon nolonger stays activated and fixed in warp. They really made the ending a lot harder for players!

I added just one more class of npc, (one that I wanted originally, but cause I managed to optimise I managed to squeexe them in, just as a nice surprise!

I Added a soundtrack made up of a mixture of HL2 and HL1 music, around 10 of my fav tracks.

Moved the boxes in the bullsquid room so now the ladder dosen't hinder players so much! alot easier to get on the damn thing.

Changed so that friendly turrets no longer pump other players full of friendly bullets!

Again more I/O optimisation.

And func_detailed a load of stuff that should of had been.

Lots of material fixes and other minor tweaks.

I'm waiting on 1.3 just so I can change the Alyx gun changes will take effect, and also Hgrunts I've changed so no more leader models, although
I heared that their are new models.

So coming soon!
Last edited by fug4life on Mon May 12, 2008 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

fug4life wrote: I added just one more class of npc, (one that I wanted originally, but cause I managed to optimise I managed to squeexe them in, just as a nice surprise!
That'd be either a big mama or some ickies, amirite?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Sadly no... big momma is already in the map, If I remember correctly, you launched a stunstick frenzy against her, maybe you was lost in the moment!

Anywayz think smaller :wink:

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

fug4life wrote:Sadly no... big momma is already in the map, If I remember correctly, you launched a stunstick frenzy against her, maybe you was lost in the moment!
That's soooo me right there :lol:

I need to play online again.

HL1 vortigaunts? Houndeyes? Oh god not an hydra.
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

SNARKS you said smaller
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

gtaiiilc wrote:SNARKS you said smaller
= Win
Last edited by fug4life on Mon May 12, 2008 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database