oc_warmachine

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Remove CSS weapons?

Should they stay? Vote for yes!
70%
Or should they go? Vote for no!
30%

Total votes: 10

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Indeed it was you :D

For now, I will have ago see if I can add the missing file and repak it.

Thanks for the info :D
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

well, your right.

I think all I'm missing are these files;
(under materials/models)

pc_soldier_beret_red.vmt
pc_soldier_beret_red.vtf
pc_soldier_beret_red_normal.vtf
pc_soldier_face_cmdr_op4.vmt
pc_soldier_face_cmdr_op4.vtf
pc_soldier_face_cmdr_op4_normal.vtf

I can't think/see anymore linked to the leader that I'm don't have packed.
You think I should add all?
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Ok, Not sure if the latest update will be off much use I think pakrat missed other stuff In the first version that I didn't know about! And I haven't been on a server to test! Can anyone remeber if on w0rfox's server when you made it to the core (big room was there 2 huge garage doors on you left and right ground level or just 2 empty spaces no doors?)
However I've been playing on zteer's server the first version of my map, and the striders cannon didn't crash the map or server even with other players. I had one instance of the grunts (I may reduce) that come after crashing it when I was getting a bit rocket happy! Erm the leader models show up ok on his server? but I'm missing 2 huge doors 2 striders and 2 garg's anyone seen them? Oh and an ending. At the moment you can kill first 2 striders, the EVIL vortigaunts (somepeople are struggling fighting these, I use crouch a lot, cloak a lot and rockets a lot to beat them!) And a ton of grunts, then the map will crash back to the mapselect level.

So, much to do, much to solve. bare with me I'm working on it. The next update I'll try get it all done and dusted, but I'll take my time on it.

I've had quite a few good comments about the map which I'm pleased.
I'm making notes on all the problems I come across whilst playing.
Thanks to W0rf0x and Zteer for putting the maps up. If you still want to play you can play 4/5 of the map and it will just change back to map select on zteers server for now!

Thats all for now...

Oh if you've got latest version and you play it on a server or single player let me know of any problems! :D
ViralHatred
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by ViralHatred »

Strider only crashes if it spots say a player walking nto the room. If someone joins after that person has been seen by the strider, ther next time it sees someone the server will crash. (In the case of the YaS crash the new player was me)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

If that's the case then I think I will either leave the cannon deactivated and just have minigun or just have the player trigger the cannon to be fired at targets.
ViralHatred
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by ViralHatred »

Targets would be better, such as 'blow this wall player is behind'
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Just to let you know guys I'm still working away...And will have a new version out in a couple of days maybe a little longer, mainly of fixes and tweaks with a few minor additions.

Done:
Added 'slime' sounding footsteps to to toxic areas beneath barnacles.
Added 'splash' effect to water in bullsquid room
Added 'dust cloud' effect for when big momma breaks wall
Blew another hole in the wall so snipers have got more of a chance to kill you (I'm thinking seeing as there are only 2 of them to increase their accuracy to no misses)? Changed a lot of the combines tactics, trying to cut down on you being able to catch them sleeping on the job.

To do:
Gonna put strider cannon back with targets & triggers
Gonna put leader model back
Tweak a few inputs/outputs so they don't all fire at once
lower amount of vortigaunts and maybe rappeling hgrunts.
shadow and prop fixes.
some npc clipping to sort out mainly the garg upstairs!
Last edited by fug4life on Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
sgae
FUCK ALL

Post by sgae »

looks good but looks it doesn't have cubemaps :S
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

It appears to have proper cubemaps... otherwise that gun model would look a hell of a lot uglier!
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

ok, partly built cubemaps :) I've compiled a few times and haven't rebuilt them yet :)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

OK, small progress update.

Thanks to W0rf0x the strider's cannon is back!
Hgrunts Leader Back!
Fixed many other small things, no more floating beer bottles or other props not reacting to forcemotion. Fixed shadows aswell.
Fixed one displacement that was not acting as a solid, i.e you could crouch into the displacement. fixed some timings.

Going to add two ladders in the final room so you can get between ground and 1st level easily once you are in.

Still toying with the idea about a 1 man teleport from spawn to where the medic upstairs is once you've completed both rooms that are next to the medic leading to the two core routes (garg/agrunt room and agrunt/stalker room) .

Going to add two more ambients that I want and thats about it.

Maybe a Merchant later and take out some weapons but not for a while a review in 6 months maybe. (I could then maybe think about changing some of the ceilings that are too square).

The map is nearing completion if release goes well I'm hoping to wrap this map up as a final version with a review later on but for now move on...

I will release in next couple of days, at the moment I've spent the last few hours going over my props adding fade distances and turning off shadows and stuff. so I've had enough for one evening.

Oh, and the last piece of news is, There will be a team capture version of this map! I sorta made the map to be flexible and I think it's worth the effort. their shouldn't be a huge amount of work involved for me to pull it off. And I think it will make a nice addition to seamus as another team map for when you want to take a bit of aggression out on each other!

Proposed features for the team capture version of oc_warmachine.

Capture points, probably the supply crate.
Merchants which will give you your weapons and ammo, but will be killable by the other team.
Team specific npc's mainly for defense.
Team turrets and npc's that need to be activated, monitored and maintained. at round starts and as the map progresses.
And some force fields that may need to have their generators taken out to provide route access.

All for now, time to go play. :D
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Uhhh, ohhh I went all crazy last night, and re-built half of the map in terms of objective order. you now have to and can only complete the lower route before, untertaking the upper route, which all seems ok, but I have a problem that I din't really want the players to have to retrace their steps... So I'm thinking to add a new route that'll take you back up stairs!
From the lower core door.

So now players cannot enter the core until both routes have been completed. And really players can no longer go off to other parts of the map and fight npc's while other players are in a completely diffrent part of the map also fighting npc's. Basically It's to keep all the players together!

Wish me luck, I'm not sure if I've done the right thing!!!
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

good luck.
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Almost done, A couple of earlier shots of the new route. Will hopefully release tonight! The way the map plays has changed somewhat, so you get to discover it again, I'm sure their will be a little confusion, although if after the bullsquids you head for stalkers, everything will be alright. and keep your eye out for the teleporter activation. it may save you a walk!
Last edited by fug4life on Mon May 12, 2008 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fane447
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Fane447 »

Me and a friend got a little stuck, after the mother headcrab we could get the metal door open, are we suppose to have done something else before we go down there?