oc_trackmaker -Create and Drive Racetracks In-Game!!!-

Release your amazing Map creations here!

What do you think about it?

GENIOUS! Totally amazing!
47%
Great systems, very good Map!
38%
Good map, but I hate Races...
15%
Even with a In-Game Editor, its boring!
No votes
GANDORQUES! DELETE STEAM AND ALL STUFF AND LEAVE THE OC FORUM U SUCK!
No votes

Total votes: 34

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Cool, not sure if I've got time to have ago but i like the idea & good to see you got hammer open :)
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
MaestraFénix
Team Member
Team Member

Re: oc_trackmaker -Create and Drive Racetracks In-Game!!!-

Post by MaestraFénix »

I know that this is necroposting, but it´s necesary to do.

This map have today a incredible lag (no optimizied?), visually it´s boring and there don´t exist any sounds.

With some fixes and improvements, this map can be again totaly amazing.

And i think that is not necesary use noclip to reach the control panel. One of the fixes would be the fix of this.

I don´t know if the creator still online, but if is possible, someone should fix this map.
Click on my photo to add me into your friends in Steam
Steam photos | Steam videos

Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

You bump a thread from 2007, complaining about problems of a map who's maker has disappeared long ago, great job.

The lag on that map has nothing to do with optimization, cars just create a lot of network traffic which the mapper can't do shit about and i guess 8 players were too much for my internet (since you played on the Keyfox server).
Could have either dropped one player since it works when its only 7 players connecting from outside (which is the case when I'm playing on it as well since i use LAN.) or just switched to airboats as they are much easier on the netcode.

And about the map being boring looking, it was created long ago, by someone who rather focuses on the map mechanics instead of visuals.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Also on the admin/noclip only thing, it would be easy to have a mapadd with a vote system, one player stands somewhere (like a teleport) while others stand on voting triggers. You could count the players joining server and enable 50 percent of the votes to allow the player who is standing on the teleport to teleport up to the admin/build area. Also a dynamic solid clip model (non solid to bullets) just so the player can stand in the admin room without no clip. all they got to do is kill them selves to join the race, or even you could trigger kill, so upon each race the map/builder is always kicked back to the pit area, to allow re voting.

I spoke to gand about this ages ago and he agreed. One day I'll do it for ya'll.

Also the lag isnt too bad on this map, its playable.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database