(PreFab) Xen teleports!

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

(PreFab) Xen teleports!

Post by Power-Mad »

http://deathbynukes.xlphp.net/
It's the first one on there on his site. You trigger it by making some kind of output set off the logic_relay "xenmaker#_make". You can place as many of these as you want in a map as in place of the number, it renames everything and all the outputs automatically.

Couple of things you MAY want to adjust is light and beam color for diffrent effects, if you say like want a blue one for combine teleporting in. You probably will want to adjust the enemy it spawns, as it's only a headcrab when you place it in the map, and you may want to remove the physics explosion in the case that you really don't want that to happen.

Finally, place this in your bin prefabs folder as you would any prefab, blah blah blah, remember to bspzip that sprite and those sounds, blah blah, enjoy... DeathByNukes gave us full permission ot use these.

DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by DaMaN »

Yay! It's released! I'm totally going to go nuts with these in my maps...

Heh, I've got the perfect spot for them...
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

This one doesn't include the attempt at making them mroe like an npc spawner, but I'm sure you clever mappers could come up with some kind of system, assuming you want it to be more than a 1 time thing.

That is unless, say, a coder wanted to make a flag on npc_spawners that automatically runs this kind of xen effect :P
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Damn that's good, I wasted a few hours of my life trying to get env_funnel to work! And you post this about 2 days after I just made a teleport system for one of my maps :( I take my hat off to the creater!

I wanted soemthing like this for those times when you don't want to make all the fuss of having npc's come from somewhere. I tried like hell with env_funnel. I may go back to oc_warmachine and try get these in for the zombies (they are the only npc I really have just dropping from no where, which I didn't mind too much). but now ohh the mind is ticking again....
sgae
FUCK ALL

Post by sgae »

lol the effect is very very nice :o

gj with the prefab... i think we need to build a place where we can upload hl2prefabs lol