oc_waking_dead

Release your amazing Map creations here!
DaMaN
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

oc_waking_dead

Post by DaMaN »

This map is included in oc since 1.3, no need to download it anymore.

Well, it's finally finished. Or rather, it's finished enough that I'm sick of trying to finish everything. ;)

ImageHalloween Special!Image

As the bell ominously tolls 13, you and your friends are awakened out of an alcohol-induced slumber by the sound of screaming.

The neighbors complained that you would wake the dead with the party you threw last night. Looks like they were right...

oc_waking_dead

This is your classic shoot-em-up escape-the-city zombie map. 'nuff said.

Screenshots:
"What's that guy outside screaming about?"

"Oh my god! What are they doing to him?"

"Oshit!"

"Damn... you're all ugly..."

Gameplay Video, including the ending by tntlink at YouTube:

Map Information:
- Kill zombies, kill some more zombies, then escape the city. Now with music!
- Stick together - one person has a tough time taking down a zombie, but two or more can take them down much easier.
- Ammo and health are plentiful - if you know where to look.
- I began working out "Achievements" like Ep2 and Portal had, but had to abandon it due to entity constraints. However, two "accomplishments" remain as easter eggs. (And I suppose you can count killing zombies as an additional "accomplishment" for a total of 3 ;))

Credits:
- oc_waking_dead by DaMaN
- Custom zombie model by Snood
- Music by E Nomine and Valve
- CSS Weapon Models by Valve
- GMOW car models by SolidGranite
- Custom_OICW scripted weapon by skidz
- 4 Scripted Weapons by W0rf0x
- Credits to Valve for the design of some of the buildings - some are based off of HL2 Single Player, and some are based off of the skybox house models

Bugs and things to Note:
I guess technically this is a beta, so there are already some bugs, but I'll let you guys find some more for me.
Current bugs:
- Auto-shotgun script doesn't work in OC1.23 (not sure about 1.3). For some reason it won't fire in either primary or secondary fire modes. (I still included it because I forgot to take it out :S)
Things to Note:
- The map increases the maximum ammo that players can carry via a server command. On map completion, these values are reset to Half life 2 default values. However, custom server-selected ammo values may be affected on other maps.
- This map was made on the barest minimum of entities (and still approached max_map_entities). If at some times npcs are stupid, or the cubemaps aren't quite right - it's because I had to remove enough entities to get under max_map_entities.
- DON'T RUSH! Aside from getting pwned by zombies, it'll cause more zombies to spawn, lag up the game, and get your teammates brains eated.

Download Links:
Feel free to mirror the file on other sites - Any mirrors posted I'll put here too.
File Information:
Everything you need is pakratted. Models, scripts, sounds, music, etc, it's all zipped up. Just extract the oc_waking_dead.bsp file into your Obsidian/maps/ folder.

Enjoy!
DaMaN
Da_HL_MaN@yahoo.ca

P.S. I know it's not exactly Halloween, but it's never too late to kill zombies!
Last edited by DaMaN on Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Current projects: Return to City 17 and Rising Dead
Also, check out my Blag: http://daman-amappersworld.blogspot.com/
Deathy
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by Deathy »

Wew nice work, will play it today (twice at least). :D
This Mirror is horrible... :roll:

ok, uploaded it to rapidshare ( a lil bit faster... *ugly*)
http://rapidshare.com/files/69908420/oc_waking_dead.zip
oc_28-seconds-later_b2 (90% - on halt)
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Well done DaMaN, a well deserved break is due for you, but once you've rested, It's back to work!

Return to c17 needs you!

Also Antlion attack need your help!

Downloading will have a play in an hour or two!

EDIT: aside from the minor bugs another well made map from you, was fun too play, all in all I enjoyed!
Last edited by fug4life on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Very nice map, played it 2 times in a row :D
But there are some problems:

-The custom weapons dont work, i had to extract them from the map and had to create a .res file for other players to get them to work, and some of them are left handed.

-The oicw model was missing.

-The world fading distance is maybe good for the performance, but is a bit annoying on the last fight, especialy when you try to snipe the zombies, because they often run too far away and fade out.

and here are some of the general map bugs i found:

^model texture?^
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

Theoretically all maps that run at W0rf0x Server are availible for download under

http://oc.srcds.neic0.de/maps/*.bsp.bz2 (for this map its: http://oc.srcds.neic0.de/maps/oc_waking_dead.bsp.bz2) like this one if he others are too slow (currently i miss a bit my traffic so ill post that here :P) or just join w0rf0x server will be the same :P i only have currently ~25 GB out of 500 GB Free traffic in use so you can use it if you want

anyways this map i not bad (i love the music :P) but there also some bugs like floating cars or generally objects or some pieces of the Text can´t be read because it disapear way too fast but execpt that it´s nice :D
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Re: oc_waking_dead

Post by Vasili »

Its good and all, but at the end whilst waiting for the chopper, i just jumped on the radio and then onto the apc and held them off from their.
I wanted to drive some thing aswell.
HBK
Banned

Post by HBK »

Image lol, jackolanterns
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

lol 666
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

It was good, having only two kinds of npcs really get repetitive :S
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Fire_cube wrote:It was good, having only two kinds of npcs really get repetitive :S
agreed, got boring really fast..

and custom weapons didnt work well, i couldnt hear the firing sounds unless someone else was firing it
and this

also imo you should've replaced hl2 weapons with some custom models
Lark
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Lark »

for a update you might want to add the fast zombie model from this pack http://accept.hopto.org/smod/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=160 its a CSS SWAT zombie its ment for smod but it works for normal hl2
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

destu wrote:
Fire_cube wrote:It was good, having only two kinds of npcs really get repetitive :S
agreed, got boring really fast..

and custom weapons didnt work well, i couldnt hear the firing sounds unless someone else was firing it
and this

also imo you should've replaced hl2 weapons with some custom models
He needs a corrected w model for the ak, and Valve totally screwed up the sound system and custom sound scripts don't work.
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

skidz wrote:He needs a corrected w model for the ak, and Valve totally screwed up the sound system and custom sound scripts don't work.
it does that on all custom weapons. and DaMaN, maybe you should remove all the custom weapon shit, i mean they dont even work properly + everyone looks retarded when holding customweaponz
Hell-met
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by Hell-met »

and theyre not that powerful

and I hate the fact that i have to install css just for the models

my hd is only 40 gb big, i cant waste space just like that - bspzip next time please :wink:
Fenrir
npc_advisor
npc_advisor

Post by Fenrir »

I TRIED to play this with fire_cube the last night, but we weren't able to actually get into a server.
Although the little bit I did manage to play had excellent ambiance and map structure.
I was a little annoyed at the custom weapons not playing sounds as I fired, but I know that's not fault of yours.

Keep up the excellent work! :thumbsupgabe:
I will spit right in your fraking face.
How does it taste? After the lips are sealed below your waist,
You will never frak again.