oc_Valley_V1

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

oc_Valley_V1

Post by Vasili »

Download http://rapidshare.de/files/28608562/Valley.rar.html
You are a team with alex to clear out the river of enemy's.
Weapon's Pistol, gravgun, crowbar uzi, smg, manhack, shotty, rocket.
for 10 player's
Change log for v1:
  • tried to Fixed the water leak in b3 Any one know how to fix this?
    made it so you should have a higher fps
NOTE to admin when you have got the boat to the bit that say's "the end" and kill all enemy npc's change map
Last edited by Vasili on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

Well, sounds nice. Any chance you got some... screenshots? It always boosts the download rate. Everybody demands screenies. :D
Edit: Downloaded it gonna test it now. I'll review within an hour. If not I'm still playing. :)
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

After taking a look at it I can say:
1 You're new to mapping. Please visit www.interlopers.net to learn more. There was a time when my maps looked like that too. It was when I started mapping a year ago.
2. This map should actually be placed in the WIP mapping section since it's not actually complete. This map is clearly in an early stage.
3. You have placed too many weapons. They respawn, so try to keep the numbers down.
4. It seems your npcs are having a hard time to navigate. add info_node entities in your map. They are used as navigation points for most npcs and should be placed about 30-60 units above the ground.
5. The map has no point excep of killing the npcs. Always plan your map before you start making it. Don't just create a huge room of some sort where you stack in some random enemies.

No offence, bet you need a lot of training as a mapper just as everyone else. I suggest that you visit and subscribe to the Interlopers' forum to get a good starting point. There are many kind people there to help you out if you get any troubble. (you also have a mapping help section here on this forum. recommended if you have obsidian specific questions) Also I suggest that you start working on a map, or carry on the work on this one to get the hang of hammer. Please post your results in the WIP mapping section as long as the map isn't finished. One day you might be a really good mapper, but that is only if you try hard and carry on mapping all of the time!
Keep the spirit up and no one can stop you from becomming a good mapper! :D
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Can someone host this to somewhere else? I cant download anything from rabidshare at the moment
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

destu wrote:Can someone host this to somewhere else? I cant download anything from rabidshare at the moment
What would you prefer?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Screenshots?
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

I don't get it... if its not finished why did you release it?
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

beta maps are fine.
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

skidz wrote:beta maps are fine.
Have you played this one? No effence to the author, but I think it should be kept in the WIP section for a while longer.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

I dont like to make fun of new mappers because it hurts the chances of them continuing. All attemps are good, learning is good and showing off first maps is good also. 8)
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

Oniyuri wrote:
destu wrote:Can someone host this to somewhere else? I cant download anything from rabidshare at the moment
What would you prefer?
Anything :)
Svanrog
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Svanrog »

destu wrote:
Oniyuri wrote:
What would you prefer?
Anything :)
Ihud it was. http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=files ... Valley.rar
Credits for the map to Vasili. (important. I don't take cred for hosting it on iHud :))
Hope you're happy! :D

And skidz: My intention is never to make fun of someone who's new to mapping. I know it it very hard since I'm a mapper myself. Just to put everything clear. :)
My word to Vasili is and have always been: Carry on mapping! It's really addictive!
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Well I was just having a mess with the stuff then It inspired me, anywho it will be bigger in the next version, and have water and more dam's.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

Any suggestion's for b3?
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

I should really go back into mapping bit its just soo boring!