oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Release your amazing Map creations here!
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Re: oc_diving_v9 (FIXED... maybe)

Post by Vesuvian »

ATM

Weapons Merchant
"I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs."
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Haha, very nice!

make sure those decals are touching the brush you intend them to render on or they might not render in game.

Also did you check see if the fixed de_dust palm trees were in the mod, are you interested in them?
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

We're really confused about what IS and ISN'T allowed in the map, considering OC want's to be distributed on steam. Are the trees allowed, or should I model some?
"I need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale. It can not be corrected but I have no other way to fulfill my needs."
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Dont quote me, but I believe Valve were most concerned about beta content, cross platform of the odd model or texture I dont think would raise much of an eyebrow, I guess if a game was 'raped' for the majority of its content then I could see them having a problem with it.

Edit: Deep down I cant help but feel Valve realise the future of mod communities and the mod scene as a whole is much more vulnerable than the early days of modding. I would think they'd turn a blind eye to use of their content, if it was for the benefit of its community and mod scene, which ultimately contributes to its engine longetivity and results ina more stable and larger player/fanbase.

Though Im just speculating.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Tysn
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by Tysn »

For what it's worth I've seen the odd CS:S model/material here and there in current steamworks mods like Age of Chivalry and they haven't gotten nicked for it. The fact is that it's way to obstructive to have to mount an entire game for a few measly props when Valve isn't going to care. There are simply too many people who aren't going to have the game either purchased or installed to justify it for minor graphical doodads. As long as you don't go way overboard and include what could be considered chunks of actual CS:S or episodic levels or enough materials to duplicate their environments exactly you should be fine.
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

Starting island has changed dramatically. Cant wait until final compile!
Spiffy
Pixel

Post by Spiffy »

Neither can we!
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

Goofing off making secret rooms 8)
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

if always wondered if something like a diving suit would be possible so you can explore the ocean floor.
and secret room what will they contain?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

:wink:
Athrun Zala 02
Polygon
Polygon

Post by Athrun Zala 02 »

Vesuvian wrote::wink:
They winking face of a big secret! and thanks, I am no longer crashing.
Look at that! It's a pancake!
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

The most co-operative thing we've worked on so far (wip):

Lots of effort going into materials, colour balancing, lighting, etc.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Nice, this is touching on some of the aztec stuff I've been working on, temples & tropical locations are the topic of the moment for me,

Nice temple, the pillars and ceiling look a little unusual, but I really like the location and lighting and just the theme.

Please tell me you're having caves and tunnels under the sea bed made with displacements?
The old shaft tunnel was a bit too square and man made for my liking.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Vesuvian
prop_static
prop_static

Post by Vesuvian »

The way I understand it, Bean needs to use those kinda transitions to get around problems with water clipping. I'll take a look at the tunnel eventually to see if anything can be done. Really want to push to get more explorable stuff.
Shadowsand
Vertex
Vertex

Post by Shadowsand »

Vesuvian wrote:The way I understand it, Bean needs to use those kinda transitions to get around problems with water clipping. I'll take a look at the tunnel eventually to see if anything can be done. Really want to push to get more explorable stuff.
The only issue I know of concerning water is that top of all water brushes in a map have to be level. So any explorable caves with air pockets would likely need to be near the skybox so that you can swim beyond the skybox, then come up for air. Either that or build the air pockets under existing terrain/make new terrain to build it under. Whatever way you do it, water can be kinda tricky to work with.