Author: Rickets007 (Original map)/ Maestro Fénix (OC version)
.bsp filename: cs_siege_pcs_oc_v3
Date of release: 19/11/11 (V1)- 21/04/12 (V2)- 28/04/13 (V3)
Game Requirements: CSS
Suggested Players: 2 - 8
Estimated time to beat the map: 15-20 minutes (medium)
Type of the game: Co-op
Size: 40mb on bz2, 130mb uncompressed.
Obsidian Conflict Map Database page: http://mapdb.obsidianconflict.net/map:siege-oc-remix
Is recommended use FastDL in the server for a quick downloading of the files.
Uncompressed (OC Map Database mirror)
The map is a remake of the Counter-Strike 1.x map cs_siege but with several additions. Rickets007 wanted to keep the feel of this map as close to the original cs_siege as possible. He kept the same layout as in the original map but added to the inner complex almost doubling its size. Furthermore, he reworked the sewer system to be less linear and included two additional access points.
Started as a mapAdd experiment, finally it ended as a map. After get his permission, i modified lightly the map, removing the hostages and other elements that doesnt work in Obsidian Conflict, and added entities to make the "mission". I optimized as i can the map with the new elements, and the test shows that the number of FPS are good (60 the lowest, 230 the highest). The files (map+custom content), with the bz2 compressor, have the size of 38mb (more or less). The total size decompressed is around 117mb.
You are part of the BLUESHIFT H.E.V. SQUAD of the Black Mesa Research Center. Your squad is specialized in combat using HEVs, so you have been sent to a distant outpost belonging to Black Mesa to recover the communications. The outpost, situated in the north, host a part of the servers that the Black Mesa Research Center uses for their investigations.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM HQ//08:30AM,MAY 16,200^K·S@\HO)WÇERROR
"The continuous signal that emits the outpost has been stopped, and due the confusing images and radio signal that we could recieve before lost completely the contact, we believe that the staff that works there are under an attack of a possible terrorist group. Your mission is simple: Reach the outpost, neutralize any enemy there, and restore the communications.
Is a shame that no one of your group cant be here in this great day. I´m sure that you would be prefered to stay here to watch the great experiment that the scientists are ready to do at this moment, but the duty calls. Dont worry, if everything happens as i think, i´ll be able to tell ours what happened.
Ah, a last thing, boys. Kate says that every one of you are invited to the party of this tonight. Heh heh.
END OF THE TRANSMISSION
- 5 new weapons.
- A multi passenger armored vehicle.
- Custom props.
- A new model of an enemy.
- Waiting Room (no more people rushing just when they end load the map. With this, the people will have 1 minute to load the map, allowing play it just in the beginning).
- Half-Life style.
Rickets007: Original map creator
Maestro Fenix: OC version creator
DEAN (APC model) / CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
z33ky for the scientist voices
Special Thanks to
The OC community
Uncompressed (OC Map Database mirror)
- You will need at least 2 players in order to can play this map. Is necessary for activate the dual buttons.
- Make sure that there are space when you are going to left the vehicle. You can get stuck in walls/ceiling (dont left the vehicle in the tight "tunnels" of the garage, and watch out with the ducts of the ceiling).
- Improved lighting and HDR.
- Fixed APC turret firing when there wasn´t a gunner.
- Fixed APC turret gun fire playing on only one part of the map.
- AI improved: All the human enemies now takes cover and assaults. Also, now the H.E.C.U. fights agaisnt the Black Ops.
- Not longer needed to the players "visit" the spawn zones of the enemies to start the assault.
- Remplaced and improved battery and medkit.
- Reworked waiting room.
- Lowered the position and FOV of the medkit.
- Added a graphical indicator when the APC not longer can be used.
- Changed a bit the ending: Now is required to all the players to be at the end, along with the pendrive.
- Added more anti-griefing systems.
- Lowered the time of the dual buttons.
- Added lobby and thumb textures.
- Remplaced model of the Stryker for a new one (APC).
- Fixed strange problem with the HDR and refractions.
- Added HDR.
- Added new Healer (new model, textures and animations).
- Fixed a strange bug that could make trapped the players in the waiting room.
- Remplaced some brushwork for models.
- Fixed credits list (deleted thieves and added the original authors of the creations).
- Added new v_model for the grenade.
- Fixed ironsights of the Python, M3 and USAS 12.
- Added a new segment of the map that extends the time of the map in 5 minutes at least.
- Improved a bit the rigging of the Black Ops model.
- Added glowing red lenses to the Female Black Ops (as a quick-fix until the next version of OC).
- Improved the AI of the enemy wave. Now is more effective and not longer runs to the Control Room.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with the plot.
- Remplaced the battery and the medkit models for a new ones.