Oc_gunball_b1

Release your amazing Map creations here!
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by [JSC][GU]PREDATOR »

unconnected wrote:
Hyperjag3 wrote:That crash tells me that all of the spawn points in the map are invalid.
Thanks Hyper.

I have bugger all experience with DM mapping (with mapping fullstop to be honest) so I'm hoping someone can maybe help me find the cause.

I've decompiled the map and worldspawn.teamplay is set to 0 (no).

Also the the spawn types are of the type info_player_red and info_player_blue.

I don't know if that helps anyone, but I'd of thought that the teamplay should be set to 1 if there are two different teams.

Anyone else with any ideas?
Vasili is a level 1 mapper (no affence) he probably managed to mess it up somehow. :roll:
Hickadam
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by Hickadam »

Alright Vasilli, you have a good imagination, and you are trying.

Both of those give you tremendous credit in my opinion.

But allow me if you will to show two images, and guess which took me 3 minutes, and which took me hours:

OR

Just put a lot more time into your maps. Craft them, sculpt them, improve them. Make them look nice, make them smooth, and make sure you test it, thinking ahead so problems can be avoided.

I hope you take some of this advice to heart, because from what I've seen, nobody has been particularly impressed with any of your maps so far.

We all have to start somewhere, but we all must strive for perfection, because if we don't, it will not happen by accident. This is not Half Life 1, blocky badly-lit rooms don't cut it anymore.

Keep up the effort buddy
Hyperjag3
npc_strider
npc_strider

Post by Hyperjag3 »

unconnected wrote:I've decompiled the map and worldspawn.teamplay is set to 0 (no).

I don't know if that helps anyone, but I'd of thought that the teamplay should be set to 1 if there are two different teams.

That would certainly be a problem, as the only time that info_player_red or blue are used is in teamplay mode, otherwise it only checks for info_player_deathmatch (and info_player_start for singleplayer map support).
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Hyperjag3 wrote:
unconnected wrote:I've decompiled the map and worldspawn.teamplay is set to 0 (no).

That would certainly be a problem, as the only time that info_player_red or blue are used is in teamplay mode, otherwise it only checks for info_player_deathmatch (and info_player_start for singleplayer map support).
Thanks for your help once again Hyper.

I've fixed the issue and a few other ones (players were spawned without the gravity gun and so could not 'play') and have re-compiled the map.

Just testing for a few more issues before I upload the map.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Hickadam wrote:Alright Vasilli, you have a good imagination, and you are trying.

Both of those give you tremendous credit in my opinion.

But allow me if you will to show two images, and guess which took me 3 minutes, and which took me hours:

***snipped images from quote***

Just put a lot more time into your maps. Craft them, sculpt them, improve them. Make them look nice, make them smooth, and make sure you test it, thinking ahead so problems can be avoided.

I hope you take some of this advice to heart, because from what I've seen, nobody has been particularly impressed with any of your maps so far.

We all have to start somewhere, but we all must strive for perfection, because if we don't, it will not happen by accident. This is not Half Life 1, blocky badly-lit rooms don't cut it anymore.

Keep up the effort buddy
I concur with you 100%, Vasili has some great ideas and he's not scared to express them through his mapping. Admittedly he's fallen short of his goals a few times, but it cannot be said that he didn't try.

For that I commend him.

We should support all newcomers (including myself - I'm a newbie 100%) as this is what this mod needs imo - a good strong base of high quality maps exploring a range of different ideas and co-op themes and the next high quality map might just come from one of those 'n00bs' ;)

From here-on in I tihnk it would be better to give Vasili constructive criticism or no criticism at all. It's only fair.
tomgreen
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by tomgreen »

lol the 2 images technique is very hard hitting lol and hilarious guy staring at a wall lol.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

The second image mostly looked bad because it was fullbright.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

Ok, I've fixed the map - it should work as Vasili intended now (with both Gauss guns and Gravity guns).

Here's an image:

and here is the map itself:

LINK REMOVED

NOTE:

I'm not sure whether Vasili got permission from the orginal author to modify this map or not, but regardless the only information I got from the map itself was in the worldspawn entity:

dm_steelball_v3 by MrMof

Anyway, I finally learnt how to use a game_player_equip entity properly so I'm happy ;)

Vasili if you read this and want the updated .VMF just drop me a PM.
Last edited by unconnected on Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
1/4 Life
Polygon
Polygon

Post by 1/4 Life »

[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:
Gurluas wrote:we need maps with hydras and tentacle...what about a tentacle arena map?
No hydra maps because some people would see it as errors.
\

Are we forgetting about PakRat? BSPZIP!?

Lol, anyway, im working on a crapload of Hydra Maps right now.
Gurluas
npc_combine_s
npc_combine_s

Post by Gurluas »

Sweet... make some tentacle maps thou, tentacles are my favorite aliens, hydra comes next,

stationary badasses rules
destu
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by destu »

[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

So you decompiled someone alses work witch is exactly the same as it is on dm only added a gamemod change and a few weapons? That is slack! your just as bad as gtamike when he renamed missing info mod.
unconnected
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by unconnected »

[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:So you decompiled someone alses work witch is exactly the same as it is on dm only added a gamemod change and a few weapons? That is slack! your just as bad as gtamike when he renamed missing info mod.
I assume thats what he did. Not sure whether he got permission tbh.

Oh and he changed 2 of the game_text entities too ;) lol.
[JSC][GU]PREDATOR
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Re: Oc_gunball_b1

No... look here he is saying that he made dm_gunball when he didn't the cheap basterd.
Vasili wrote: Based on my dm_gunball I bring oc_gunball! The first custom map with
Scrap
npc_strider
npc_strider

Re: Oc_gunball_b1

Post by Scrap »

[JSC][GU][r]PREDATOR wrote:No... look here he is saying that he made dm_gunball when he didn't the cheap basterd.
Vasili wrote: Based on my dm_gunball I bring oc_gunball! The first custom map with
well if his nick is MrMof then its all ok, http://www.snarkpit.net/maps.php?map=1462
also it isnt dm_gunball , the original name is dm_steelball (watch the screenshots, same pics as posted here)