oc_warmachine

Release your amazing Map creations here!

Remove CSS weapons?

Should they stay? Vote for yes!
70%
Or should they go? Vote for no!
30%

Total votes: 10

fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

oc_warmachine

Post by fug4life »

Alright people listen up!

This map hasn't had any love for a while, I played right through on Keyfox not long ago and its pretty darn stable I certainly didn't crash. Also there are no links for the map to be downloaded at the moment at the moment, and I'm thinking to upload a new version instead of old.

A while back I made changes and bug fixes (for example no more invis antlionguard, no more raping garg for points, etc).
As you can see just trying to get a few improvements in. This compile was made today, I havent compiled the map in well over a year, so I was just making sure all is ok.

So the big question and I've put it to the vote should I remove the css weapons.

Currently the game requires css and ep2, I was hoping to windle that down to the map just needing ep2.
I would probably add some of the mods custom weapons as replacements, and maybe add some of my own.

Please vote.

Old details and screenshots are here:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by fug4life on Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Sweet, onna try this after school.
Vasili
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Vasili »

This is good.
Give this man a medal.
Last edited by Vasili on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skidz
Obsidian Gold
Obsidian Gold

Post by skidz »

Great! :thumbup:
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

nice, i add this to my server, here is a link to the mapstats, if you want to see how the players rated it:
http://srcds.neic0.de/mapstats.php?sortby=1&rev=-1&ro=3
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Thanks for putting it up on your server (I hope the map didn't cause too much trouble to it) I saw a few of you playing but i didn't have the opportunity to play, nice to see your stats, it was played twice for a total 153 min, ( I had to watch a film with the misses) I joined tono's server for about a minute.

Please anyone feel free to list any bugs, issues or errors. And let me know if your computer/server struggles to run it? And let me know what you think of the map! It's the first version so I'm open to suggestions, comments and possible additions/changes.

I will give a little description of gameplay later and the reasons why I did certain things (like why have only one spawn)? etc,etc.. And if your having trouble finding your way around you can ask maybe I'll give you a hint. This is a map that I hope the player will learn to get good at, there are ways of making thing's easy for your self and ways of making it difficult (The latter depends how brave you are or what route you took).
And there are a few other skillz to be learnt (I now have sprint and cloak keys assigned next to each other so they can be activated with one finger. :twisted:

Issues,bugs/errors (what I already know);

*Some shadows on props and npc's may need disabling.*

*The striders cannon, currently ownz you no matter what the lineofsight when you get it to half health and it's pissed at you!*
edit: Probably one of the server crash causes.

*Some small props need properties adjusting*

*I noticed on tono's server the Human grunt leader model show'd as an error?*

*Yes I know in some places there are a lot of npcs which may slow things on your system down! I wanted to see how people cope with whats currently in.*

*cubemaps aren't great in some places*

*Some instances of turrets not disabling properly and constant turret alarm*
Last edited by fug4life on Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

the only bug i found was that my server crashed after the part with the 2 striders, that happened 2 times, here is a screenshot and the mdmp file:
http://rapidshare.com/files/26768693/St ... .mdmp.html
And the bullsquid with no textures is fixed on my server, because i have the textures in the downloadlist
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

:oops: sorry about that...

If the map is very troublesome to server then I'll try not too be too heart broken if you take it off :lol:!
Thanks for putting it up in the first place.

It was a good feeling playing on my map with other people! I'm a happy man! I've played too much of this map solo for too long :)
I'll wait a bit before updating, see what else turns up, It's quite a big d/l, I want to make it as hassle free as possible for peeps to enjoy! Expect update few days maybe a week. If you cant play on a server have a spin on your own (although a bit of a trek from spawn and some npcs get very tedious to handle) I want to hear if you made it to the end? I want to here peoples thoughts.

<takes breathe, relaxes :coffee: >
Power-Mad
Combine Rebel
Combine Rebel

Post by Power-Mad »

Don't worry, I'm sure that strider bug is just something skidz and hyper will need code to fix. Not the map's fault I think...
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

I think it may be my fault, I have the cannon set to target !player and think it may help if I change to player. (whether or not the cannon will still work I'm not sure). I think I may have alot of instances where I've used
!player and not player. worst comes to worst I may have to sacrifice the cannon. Or I can try put triggers at targets in places where the player will run too ( I wanted to avoid this).

Some info I found

I want to see what happens if I use:

(Valve)
!pvsplayer, The first player found in the entity's PVS.
The PVS used is taken from the entity doing the searching, or the activator in no searching entity exists.
If no activator exists, it returns the first player in the game (equivalent to !player).

(Edit-life)
!pvsplayer - The entity will look in its Potential Visibility Set and pick the first player it sees. That means it'll look around itself and find a player.

Everything else seemed to be ok, one or two complaints about low fps and one or two compliments :lol: . I'm not sure how well lower end computers cope playing it. there are a few areas where the fps drops.
I made this map 2 thirds on my old pc and one 3rd on my new pc. If I could perform a miracle and get my old pc running I'd have that and my g/f's laptop to also test it on. I did my best with hint brushes but I'm quite a beginner. I know alot of small props need shadows turning off, and I haven't messed with their fade distances yet. There's always more areas to optimise...

Lmao at the ERROR running about with the smg1 on the servers ( I think thats a human grunt leader )? Some one said that pakrat might of missed that or somnething (I used auto)?

I know I've added alot of npcs and stuff running about in the map. I wanted to see how many I could include that would run ok. Also If your playing s/p the vortigaunts aren't very forgiving! I may reduce the amount.
Tono-Tako
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by Tono-Tako »

PLEASE, Make more spawn points.
btw, is good to be your first map.
i was afk in my server i went to eat!
Vote for obsidian conflict in moddb
One click a day doesnt hurt your finger
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Version: oc_warmachine_v1a *UPDATED 20/04/07*
===============================================
*Removed strider cannon* (for now)
*Removed Human Grunt leader model Flag* (for now)
*Fixed relationships to 'player'*
*Added ladder to bullsquid room* (It's now a visible one)
===============================================

See first post for download link.

Abit of a step backwards, but I want to see if everything else is ok.
The striders just don't have their cannons and no hgrunt leader, no big deal for now. And I've added a ladder to the bullsquid room.
Tono I hear yur,
I just want to clear one thing up the bullsquid room must be exited as well as entered to open up the lower route, which eventually unlocks access from your spawn to the ground level of the core and the lift (second level core). If you don't complete the bullsquid room fully you only have the access to the top route and the whole map can be completed ( but you won't unlock the bottom route which unlocks your spawn. Basically, you can complete the map two ways).I know the map text isn't very helpful or descriptive. But if people still have problems with the distance I'll consider teleports that get activated.

That's all for now!
LinkNEO
npc_combinegunship
npc_combinegunship

Post by LinkNEO »

fug4life wrote:
*Added ladder to bullsquid room* (It's now a visible one)
Wtf! there was one!
damnit man i had to kill my self to get out. Bull wouldn't stop hitting me and i try to get out.
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by fug4life »

Don't ask why I left it invisible it was abit of a stupid idea :?

Yur it can get a bit hectic in there! The bullsquids I'm sure were enjoying. It should be a lot easier to see how and where to get out. the layout of the map isn't to well polished in the way you complete objectives, its a bit simple. :lol: basically after bull squid room if you've pressed button (you get the top route to research which really is to obtain cloak device and core door upper, you'll need it after striders) and if you make through vents out, you open also the lab which goes through the lab down to the 'hell' room and after you kill everything down there you will unlock spawn and elevator access and lower core door. and onto the finale.
ViralHatred
npc_metropolice
npc_metropolice

Post by ViralHatred »

It was I who stated Pakrat might have missed something,

You were on YaS and i kept screaming for help cause i was being attacked by BullSquids :lol:

Well, Auto pakrat doesn't always work, plus you also have to keep the model directories correct tp the .bsp

If you send me the model, materials and the .vmf i'll take a shot at it for you.