Oc_Sytems Mini Campaign

Release your amazing Map creations here!
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Oc_Sytems Mini Campaign

Post by cementiet »

Goodday

So here it is Oc_systems Mini Campaign, after fixing a million bugs (while i doupt i got them all) and months of work its finaly done.

a 4 map campaign

:arrow: Oc_systems2-1: outside/inside the Combine Factory"
You have joined a rebel gang. Some kind of leader who calls herzelf Tania has send you on a mission to get into the combine factory, but this is not as easy as its on paper.

:arrow: Oc_systems2-2: Inside the Combine Factory:
Here you wil break further into the factory by fighting combines and their machines. to reach the mainframe.

:arrow: Oc_systems2-3: Inside the Combine Facotory:
You passed the basic security of the factory, but the mainframe is still far away, by activating combine machines, you wil be able reach a higher destinations in the factory, and reach the mainframe.

:arrow: Oc_systems2-4: You managed to ''shutdown" the factory, by the help of your guide and rebel teamwork. after doing that you were picked up by a plane made by the rebel's. But you are stil being followed...

Tania will support you in your journey.

Pictures:

:arrow: Oc_systems2-1

:arrow: Oc_systems2-2

:arrow: Oc_systems2-3

:arrow: Oc_systems2-4

The maps can be hard on some spots and its adviced to play this with a min of 3 players

The Map pack can be dl here: http://sta.sh/01q5usdkfv4z

Old map from 2011
Beta testers
-heHe
-Raizo
-Sherlock

New Version from 2016
Beta testers
-Uchi (With spelcheck)
-Shana (and server hosting)
-Hikonyan (and server hosting)

Feel Free to add to a map pack (with author name ofc)

Thanks for all the support. i realy appreciate it. :!:
Last edited by cementiet on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
So many idea's, So less time
DA: http://cementiet.deviantart.com/
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

it looks nice especialy the plane did you make it from scratch?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
Datastream
Donator
Donator

Post by Datastream »

I'm gay for you. That doesn't make me gay according to a gay guy.
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

yea i did made evrything out of nothing... else its not made by me ofc ;)
Last edited by cementiet on Sun May 16, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

Looks cool, gonna try it out in a bit.

You should change the name of oc_systems2 though, people with the old version won't be able to connect unless they manually delete it first, which is too much of a hassle for the average pubber.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

im currently downloading it and planning to play it once its done.
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

higly adviced not doing it alone ^^, as for the name issue, i alrdy did re-edit stuf a mill times now, the user can sacrifice that DL button one time i gues... yea sorry its a bit messy i agree..
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

just call that map oc_systems2-1.

Also it's added to my server now,
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

ok its changed
Ark
Donator
Donator

Post by Ark »

Gj there, I'm impressed that it's already finished, you worked hard. Going to try it out.
Keychain
Obsidian Veteran
Obsidian Veteran

Post by Keychain »

Terrible, just terrible. Played it with several people including the mapmaker. The map started off okay but then it became a rape fest full of soldiers and manhacks.

But hey, gotta admit, this guy was smart. He's knows his maps are so bad that he even prepared it for cheaters.

Let's see you noclip out of it now!
Shana
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Shana »

No offense, but i got to agree, it was horrible.

While the design of it was good and i really liked it, the gameplay and ent work was pretty miserable.

The map mainly consists of continuous NPC spam, for example there's fraking manhacks almost EVERYWHERE.
Starting with only a pistol and crowbar and being forced to buy weapons doesn't make it any more fun either, because in case of those maps, i couldn't be arsed to spent the time to buy weapons since i will die soon after anyways or even while I'm still buying stuff because there's respawning NPC's ALL AROUND ME.
And not to forget that merchants only sold standard stuff because you very likely forgot to include the merchant scripts.

Make your map's flow fun to play instead of trying to make it last as long and hard as possible. A short map with good pacing is much more fun than a long-ass map that consists of endlessly respawning NPC's. Trust me, i did the same mistake before.

The performance was fraking horrible. You have the whole map in a hollowed box, seriously, don't EVER do that unless you just started mapping, and especially don't do it on maps of that size. It will result in horrible visleafs, much more will get rendered than is needed, sometimes even the whole damn map at once.

And there was a shield wall that crashed clients because it sets their health to something the HUD doesn't support. Why even make killing shield walls anyways?! make them just block the player because that's what everyone is used to. It's no fun losing your weapons because of that either.

And the worst, you used the "map" command, which RESTARTS the server to change levels. Use "changelevel" instead, or even better, make a proper level transition.

Really, i was looking forward to playing this map, it has a really cool design that i like, but the gameplay was just way too disappointing and made me fraking RAGE. The maps are removed from our server for now until it gets better.
Neico
Lead Coder
Lead Coder

Post by Neico »

hm when seeing that picture and reading the feedback do i think why you didn't make a wip map first so people like w0rf0x could have tested it before, it's not like that we need new released maps at all costs...
cementiet
prop_physics
prop_physics

Post by cementiet »

wel i cant denie the fact that it is rater hard,

As for the ''bugged'' shield im not sure how this could let people cras i tested my maps allot to make sure it runs correct without crassing, when i hosted my server and tested it out with friends we did had not this strange bug. but wil be solved.

I did work quite some time on this maps aswel as the boring hours in it, i wil change the merchant (that i did not forget to update cus i tought it was a coop mod cus it needs to be a bit hard).... i wil just let guns spawn there isntead then. This alrdy should make the map way more easy

i also wil decrease the number of ''endless'' manhacks, but with the combines, i think its more fun shooting numbers then 1 hard with high HP that can have so many hits that in RL it alrdy would be a pile of dust b4 its dead, and with more stronger weapons this will not be a big problem anymore.

As for the Box arround the map, that was the most messy thing i did, i totaly agree but i tried to fix it normaly but i kept on getting a bug with a overflow, i looked arround for any leaks did not find one did spend some dayes trying to solve it with no result.

i wil improve the grafical problems of the map too, if i find a way how, but until then i wont release it then.

Ty for the feedback :!: , while the first one was rater overkilled, just trying to make maps for the mod, not realy burn it into the ground...
Axel_m3sh
npc_combine_elite
npc_combine_elite

Post by Axel_m3sh »

Buffer overflow or something?
I hope there's func_details in the map, looks like a lot of brushes were used