Weird Dreams

Off topic Discussion
fug4life
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by fug4life »

Y O U M U S T G O D E E P E R
'I would probably smarten up before you meet Violet'.
'She has zero tolerance for idiots'.

fug's Obsidian files
fug's Obsidian clips
Obsidian wiki
Obsidian Map Database
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

reminds of...
INCEPTION!!
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Robin
Donator
Donator

Post by Robin »

I had a nightmare where I was in a hallway and a lion pounced on me and ripped my fraking neck out
but the lion was still cute until she decided I was food atleast
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

sounds perfectly normal for a nightmare.
was there anything about the lion that standed out or was it your average lion?
anime watcher and manga reader and doesnt care what others think of it.
Image Image
FreeFall89
prop_static
prop_static

Post by FreeFall89 »

I'd molest that lion like mad, and make it her nightmare
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

destiny wrote:dis at least post information about any weird dream you had or a reaction to someone else their dream and not only say you double posted and failed.
Sorry to sound rude, but this was really stupid. First of all, this is a discussion thread, not an application for a job. Posts don't have to be structured in some weird way. Secondly, as you probably saw in my first post, I did respond to someone else's dream. Soooo, what the hell? Thirdly, God forbid someone double posted and announced his mistake instead of filling the second post when there was nothing left to say. Don't call the internet popo man!
destiny wrote: was there anything about the lion that standed out or was it your average lion?
Am I the only one who's wondering why that matters? I'm pretty sure if the lion was orange and had purple dots, he would've said it.
FreeFall89 wrote:I'd molest that lion like mad, and make it her nightmare
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

No but seriously, what the frak dude?
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

dont remember much but a few parts one is where a group of poeple are at some kind of party a guy gets hit by something and dies. in a random lab same guy reapears only to get hit by something in the stomach and dies then i see an old man bursting in flames while same guy that keeps dieing is smashing his mailbox while his body is quite full of objects poking out.
then he dies and another him spawns behind him only to have another him apear infront of him.
then i saw a rat running towards a door goes through it and i wake up.
Image Image
DisConnected
npc_hovering_assassin
npc_hovering_assassin

Post by DisConnected »

So, I was eating lunch with my friends, and then got up to go to the bathroom. They're like "No, don't go, let's just go when we're done, there's not gonna be any time left when you come back." I disregarded this obviously, went to the bathroom (don't remember that) and came back. Everything was all metallic and everyone was gone. It was just this long hallway with a single table with a couple of my friends still there. Everything was made of metal though, except them and the table (I think table, don't quite remember). So then they're like, "Yeah, everyone left. Sorry." So then I decided to go out with them, but suddenly the 2 grabbed me and made me sit down. They said something was after them, but they wouldn't tell me what. Then I saw this thing moving around. It was weird, one time it was like a giant metallic futuristic pillar and another time it was like a Dinosaur with metallic legs and arms (kinda like the ones from Serious Sam II if you ever played that). It started chasing us and shooting this laser beam thing at us that is kinda like the Strider cannon, but different particles and stuff. We were suddenly in like a library, but with a bit wider walkways between shelves and everything still metallic except the floor which was carpet (can't remember ceiling, think it was normal though). It also had this strobe light that blinded us (funny because I watched Kick-Ass that same night), and all of a sudden most of my friends and other random people were there and running from it, being hit by the laser. So we were being chased around and we ran back through a door and into my backyard. We were hiding there, and it seemed we were safe. But then the strobe light started flashing through were windows (this time it was that pillar thing, remember well). One of my friends said he was like infected and was working for it. Then a couple other friends also said it, and the rest were surprised. I just ran through the alley way of my backyard, to get over the gate (the gate at my real house was on the opposite side though, my old house had it on that side though, current backyard though). And so I took a lot of time trying to lock the thing because the bad friends were coming after me (also OCD probably lol). Then after I finally got it and dream ended.

Big clusterfuck of what the hell.
Oh, don't be such a baby. Episode 3 will come out.

*Turns to Archimedes*

No it won't.
LivingWithGames
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by LivingWithGames »

That seems to be way Psychedelic and kind of 'scary' if you ask me,DisConnected.
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

have you been eating snacks lately before going to bed?
also seems normal in my case.
Image Image
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

double post i know but this is weird one.

so it starts with me seeing 2 poeple talk on a river with a gaint ass bridge with a metro rail system plus maintenance below it.
and for once i can clearly hear what they say dont remember that much beside them talking about some kind of special guards called flood and virus wich were some kind of slime creatures created to guard the place and some kind of item and they were planning to take that item.
that said they start going and each enters a diferent hallway 1 of the guy wich is wearing a black scarf goes over a fence wich is on the outside part of the place and walks right past some gaint weird looking slime thing wich kept staring at the fence but then it turns towards the guy and starts going after him and he starts running then it goes to the other guy wich wears a black hat wich goes through some kind of room that sterilizes or something only to find another weird slime thing right behind the door.
he panics and imideatly presses buttons to get back and the door that closes infront of the slime thing gets punched and not much later blasted through and it follows him.
so after looking at some kind of weird chase scene the guys are suddenly atop a building with the slimes behind them and they jump of it and use parachutes. the slimes walk back to the stairs and the guys sigh some relief there still alive and then the sun came up and i woke up.
Image Image
Baddtraxx
npc_helicopter
npc_helicopter

Post by Baddtraxx »

wierd Oo
destiny
Obsidian Premium
Obsidian Premium

Post by destiny »

as always i had a weird dream last night or in my case normal.

it starts with me and a bunch of other poeple in middle of weird supermarket watching a white screen wich is supposed to be the orientation movie the white screen disapears and everyone goes into a door to see some kind of water room and we are asked to grab a uniform from the bottem of the place.then its my turn and once i reach the bottem i see only 1 uniform left and feel lucky so i grab it but then another person apears and trys to drown me i then pretty much lose it when the thought that i was going to die crossed my mind and i pulled a knive from behind my shirt and slashed the guys throat grabbed the uniform and went back up.
once that was done i went into a line got a piece of paper with times and then went to the destination that was on it wich was some kind of ferris wheel.
so i got in it and it stopped when i was at the top then i hear an explosion and so i jumped out of the cart to shoot a grapplehook to a nearby building and ended up on the roof while the ferris wheel was pretty much going boom all over the place.
on the roof i chek the paper and i see there are 2 locations and times left only to find out the roof i was on was the second location there a ninja apeared out of freaking nowhere and attacked me i dodged him to pull a shotgun from behind my shirt and shot him in the face.
i chek the paper and go to the last location wich is some kind of huge ass water tank and i await at the top of it wich was open but the water was dirty so i couldnt see the bottem or even past its surface part.
so i wait and all of a sudden i see something big coming out of the water resembling some kind of water hydra head thing and a shitload of smaller heads apear next to it.
but for some reason i stay calm and pull something from behind my shirt and in thought i was like HOW THE HECK DID THAT FIT THERE?
it was a rpg lookalike thing wich i aimed at the smaller heads and then pulled the triger nothing came out of it but all of a sudden i aim it at the sky and shoot only to see 4 huge ass missles being shot in the air then i see a crapload of missles falling down on all the hydra head things put the rpg thing on my back and walk away.
when out of the smoke the big hydra head tryes to bite me while its bleeding, the moment it bites i jump only to have the rpg thing in my hand again and smash the head with it.
after hitting it i trow the rpg thing away grab my knive and stab its eye i jump of it and walk back towards the store where i saw the white screen.
in there i see its full of bodies wich are all the other poeple that were with me when the hole dream started.
and there sitting on a table eating from a instant noodle cup thats hot steaming i see myself once he finish eating the noodles he trows it somewhere puts a scarf on and looks at me and asks what took me so long.
he then jumps straight into my direction and i start having a fist fight with him where we both use all kind of tricks to kill each other included using the dead bodys as distractions or shields.
but it ends when we both grab our knives at the same time and stab each other in the heart
were both stil standing and are smiling at each other only to end up having both some weird switch with a wire and both of us press it at same time to have the place end up blowing up.
once the smoke clears i see him next to me in some kind of empty white room we grab each others hand and i wake up.

another weird dream of mine for the collection.
Image Image
Lucky9Two
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Lucky9Two »

*cracks knuckles*

Lucid dreaming + normal sociopath behavior + high-dosage psychotropics + strange diet = Complete. Total. Mindfuck. Inception ain't got shit on my dreams.

The problem is that because they last WEEKS IN REALTIME, I can't remember all of them, but only pieces. I call that place 'Eternia' because of the amount of never-ending internal strife & chaos, along with how long my time spent there is. They always start with me either in 'God' positions like I'm overseeing things, or with me in first-person. They cycle back & forth intermittently without any notice until later. I wake up, do normal things accompanied by everything being militarist in execution. I kill people that I actually know in real-world places. I thoroughly enjoy stabbing people because of the plop sound a blade makes when you ram in into them.

There's everything from tanks, gunships, orbital strikes and people being blown too gibs, to people I actually share connections with being my 'squadmates' for lack of better terms.

Like last night I roundhouse kicked Arnold Schwarzenegger in the face while he was chasing me in a speedo, combat boots & sunglasses and put his ass on the ground.

There was another time where this technical I was riding on the side of kept flipping over & I kept falling in a dead-guy's grave, so I re-wound time to the point before it was going to happen, and fell backwards - and surprisingly that actually worked to wake me up.

I remember thinking to both of those, "How the hell did I do that?" - Dream logic, don't have a damn clue how it works.

Another time is where I was playing minecraft & actively choosing what I wanted to do.

I should mention I recognize I'm asleep multiple times & can still feel myself lying in bed, but no matter how much I say it no one either hears me, or just says that I'm 'doing it again' which means I'm confusing 'reality' (dreams) from 'dreams' (reality)

To that point, I still feel sense while in dreams like smell, sound, touch, etc while simultaneously monitoring my IRL conditions in the background. If I'm on fire, I actually feel that. I know what it's like to be burned, drown, slapped, etc. More complex feelings like gunshots, stabs, etc that I haven't felt in reality still hurt like hell. If I black out, I wake up later STILL IN THE DREAM.

I won't wake-up without outside interference or without giving a 'kick' to myself. Until either of those conditions are met, I remain there.

Odd part about the length is the incredible discrepancy in time. The longest I spent in Eternia was ~3 months solid, with numerous sleep cycles. When I woke up, only 5 minutes had passed.

"For though I fly through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I will fear no evil, for I am at 70,000 feet and climbing"
TESLA-X4
Former Developer
Former Developer

Post by TESLA-X4 »

In short: when you sleep, your mind overclocks 100,000%. :v
Apparently, Valve can't make games beyond the number 2.
I think the only time we'll get a Source SDK code update is when it starts having purchasable hats integrated, i.e. hatconomy.

Please do not make assumptions you are not knowledgeable enough to make - that just backfires on yourself.
Tick me off, and I'll be sure to give you the golden treatment. Haven't you heard? Silence is golden.